Riot On I-85 In Charlotte Over Night

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Re: Riot On I-85 In Charlotte Over Night

Post by Vonz90 »

Darrell wrote:I gather they trashed/looted the NASCAR Hall of Fame as well.

:roll:
Army of pissed off rednecks to follow?
Termite

Post by Termite »

Apparently Glenn Reynolds got his Twitter account temporarily suspended for Tweeting that drivers in cars, surrounded by rioters who attempt to pull them from their cars to rob/beat them, should "Run the rioters over".

It's what I'd do. My Expedition weighs over 5000lbs, and has 300hp.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

PawPaw wrote:
Kommander wrote:I may have said this before but I would have more respect for these thugs if the attacked the police HQ instead of a Wallmart. That would require actual courage and conviction, when the guys really just want an excuse to steal stuff and break things.
Indeed, but the local police station is very seldom stocked in sneakers. You fail to understand the motivation for the rioting. It's not justice, it's new "kicks". Seriously, don't listen to the dialogue, watch what they go for when the dialogue ends. It's always the sneakers.

If Wal-Mart would simply pick a group of BLM people at random and send them 500 pairs of new sneakers, they would save a lot of money on cleaning up the store later.
If Wal-Mart employees used their selection of firearms for sale just before the "protestors" burst the doors, they wouldn't clean up stuff on the inside.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Termite wrote:Apparently Glenn Reynolds got his Twitter account temporarily suspended for Tweeting that drivers in cars, surrounded by rioters who attempt to pull them from their cars to rob/beat them, should "Run the rioters over".

It's what I'd do. My Expedition weighs over 5000lbs, and has 300hp.
Not exactly sporting, launching a 35 million grain projectile at them. :twisted:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Vonz90 wrote:
Darrell wrote:I gather they trashed/looted the NASCAR Hall of Fame as well.

:roll:
Army of pissed off rednecks to follow?
Hell, now I'm pissed off...and I'm a much bigger fan of drag racing than of NASCAR.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Nascar fans vs. BLM is one of those fights I hope gets real nasty and drags on for a long time.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Kommander wrote:I may have said this before but I would have more respect for these thugs if the attacked the police HQ instead of a Wallmart. That would require actual courage and conviction, when the guys really just want an excuse to steal stuff and break things.
That would be the Battle of Athens then. Unpossible for the demographic discussed. That would require long time prefferences, deffered gratification, and give more permanent solutions.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Yep, it's a riot and looting, not an uprising. Knowing what the people rising up against the Nazis in Warsaw in 1943 and in 1944, I'm angry enough at the dissembling that if anyone ever calls one of these actions by the free s*** army an uprising to my face, he's going to need all new dental work. And you'll probably read about it in the papers
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy