Mexican gun store

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Mexican gun store

Post by Vonz90 »

PawPaw

Re: Mexican gun store

Post by PawPaw »

Read that article last night. Rather depressing, I kept thinking that the author was trying to propose Mexico's example as policy.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

PawPaw wrote:I kept thinking that the author was trying to propose Mexico's example as policy.
Yup.
Mexico's constitution guarantees citizens' right to own a handgun and hunting rifles for self-defense and sport. Legally getting your hands on one, however, requires clearing a series of bureaucratic hurdles far stricter than in the United States and, for many, travelling great distances to reach the country's lone gun store.
I guess these are the "common sense" gun laws the Hildabeest talks about.
Although gun ownership is enshrined in the constitution, the provision also empowers the government to regulate the types of weapons that are permitted and under what conditions.
That reminds me of Stalin's famous line that it is not important who gets to vote, only who gets to count the votes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8En1zxhaDE
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
randy

Post by randy »

"It's an obligation of the state to provide security to the people who live in the country, not for you to take justice into your own hands."
I've heard variations of this many times over the years from PD Chiefs and others in "May Issue" jurisdictions. IIRC one such chief would tell applicants that self defense was not a valid reason to own/carry a gun because "that's my job".
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

randy wrote: I've heard variations of this many times over the years from PD Chiefs and others in "May Issue" jurisdictions. IIRC one such chief would tell applicants that self defense was not a valid reason to own/carry a gun because "that's my job".
So, if I get mugged, I can sue him for not doing his job, right?

umm... :roll:

Or, if I get mugged, I can demand a refund, right?

:roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

The main purpose of this artlcle seems to be mentioning in print several times, the supposed flood of illegal guns coming from the US.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote:The main purpose of this artlcle seems to be mentioning in print several times, the supposed flood of illegal guns coming from the US.
Well obviously. Who'd want to use the M-16's, AK-47s and various flavors of HKs from the Central American wars of the 80's when you can get semi-auto versions in dribs and drabs from US gun stores?

Next you're going to suggest that weapons from the armories of the Mexican Army would be in any way better than what you can buy through a straw man purchase using the Gun Show Loophole!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

What do they need stores for when the US federal government is shipping arms in?
BDK

Post by BDK »

Don't know how it works now, at one time, if it wasn't a military caliber it was rather simple to register a gun. No questions were really asked about how you got it