Gadsden Flag Verboten

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Gadsden Flag Verboten

Post by D5CAV »

According to the EEOC, wearing the Gadsden Flag makes for an "Offensive work environment".

https://heatst.com/politics/gadsden-fla ... arassment/
Earlier this year, the EEOC received a complaint from a “Shelton,” an African American, who charged that his employer (the federal government) had subjected him to racial discrimination when a coworker “repeatedly wore a cap with an insignia of the Gadsden Flag.” Shelton (not his real name) said he found the cap to be “racially offensive” because the man who designed it in 1775, Christopher Gadsden, was a slave owner and because the insignia was a “historical indicator of white resentment against blacks stemming largely from the Tea Party.”
I'm thinking about getting some caps and t-shirts printed with this old flag.

Most people don't know enough history to know what it is. I can just say I'm honoring "my roots"; nothing political at all.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jered

Re: Gadsden Flag Verboten

Post by Jered »

Note to self: Wear your grey kepi to work more often.

8-)
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

D5CAV wrote:I'm thinking about getting some caps and t-shirts printed with this old flag.
Check out Gadsden & Culpeper, they have you covered:

http://www.gadsdenandculpeper.com/
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

I placed an order with them yesterday.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I have a Culpeper somewhere, assuming it survived the move. Like to get a new Betsy Ross, though these days maybe the Pine Tree Flag would be more to the point. ;)
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I need to get a Navy Jack. I made an order to Gadsden & Culpepper a couple of weeks ago, for some Gadsden Flags. Interestingly, the Gadsden's came with a cool hat pin as a freebie. That pin, I presume, is what drove the EOC batshit.

While I was there, I ordered a seven-star 1st National Flag to display on special occasions. The vast majority of folks don't know what that flag is, but in many ways it makes liberals heads explode if they recognize it at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_ ... of_America
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

My avatar is the Pennsylvania 1st Rifle Regiment flag. Domari Nolo is Latin for "I will not be subjugated". It's not an easy one to find, but I do have a full-size one that needs to find a place in my new house to be displayed, but there's no room. It may have to go up in the garage.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I'm from the "Republic of West Florida." Wait until I start flying that particular flag.....
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Steamforger wrote:I'm from the "Republic of West Florida." Wait until I start flying that particular flag.....
My girlfriend grew up in Key West, so I'll fly a Conch Republic flag for her on appropriate occasions.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD