NBPP Calls for Black Nation migration

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

NBPP Calls for Black Nation migration

Post by D5CAV »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ry-within/

The head of the New Black Panther Party recommends mass migration of blacks to five states: Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Alabama and Georgia. Then form a new "Nation within a nation."

Honestly, I'd recommend he sticks with Louisiana and Mississippi.

First of all, thanks to the success of that celebrated racist eugenicist, Margaret Sanger, we've managed to abort enough black babies that the black population has gone from almost 25% at the end of WW2 to just over 10% today. They only need 10% of the land area of the US. Maybe only Mississippi.

Second, I've got kinfolk in South Carolina and Alabama. Frankly, those places are whiter than Maryland and Pennsylvania. Georgia is a coin toss - could go either way.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Termite

Re: NBPP Calls for Black Nation migration

Post by Termite »

MLK Jr must be getting up near 10,000 RPM in his coffin. After everything he and others in the civil rights movement suffered thru to achieve integration into mainstream America, this guy wants segregation?
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Yeah, isn't that a real hoot? Let's see, the "Free State Project" is already taken, so what to call this one... Hmm.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Alabama? Nope, don't think so. Can't speak for the residents of the other states, but I'm pretty sure they feel the same way.

How about Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Yeah, well my family isn't moving.

Considering that the only ones likely to take up such an offer would be from the left side of the socioeconomic scale - I think that has hell hole written all over it if anyone takes it up.

In any case, we have seen this show before. Who wants to move to any of these places?

City % Black
Detroit, Mich. 82.7
Jackson, Miss. 79.4
Miami Gardens, Fla. 76.3
Birmingham, Ala. 73.4
Baltimore, Md. 63.7
Memphis, Tenn. 63.3
New Orleans, La. 60.2
Montgomery, Ala. 56.6
Savannah, Ga. 55.4
toad

Post by toad »

I noticed he didn't mention Texas.
BDK

Post by BDK »

NO and Savannah are nice in spots - didn't realize they were majority black.
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

toad wrote:I noticed he didn't mention Texas.
That is probably b/c blacks would be way in the minority here. I am looking at 2014 data: Hispanics are just below whites in total population. 40% to 43%.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Netpackrat wrote:Yeah, isn't that a real hoot? Let's see, the "Free State Project" is already taken, so what to call this one... Hmm.
Call it West Liberia, which is what it would turn out to be. Imagine black Chicago gangs running a five state area. Heck, maybe it would be more like Mogadishu.

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=81902
Eppur si muove--Galileo
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Can't we just give them Nevada? No one will miss it.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL