BREXIT combined thread

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
toad

Re: BREXIT combined thread

Post by toad »

From what I've been reading at the more conservative British sites the two people most held responsible for the Brexit are Merkel and Obama, and it is the flooding of the country with Muslims, Gypsies , and free loaders that has really pissed off the working class.
I've seen something like it as a reaction to our local county charity hospital. It is supposed to take everybody but even the local Mexicans say it is impossible to use the emergency room for emergencies, because it is full of illegal immigrants using the emergency room for primary care.
Termite

Post by Termite »

toad wrote:From what I've been reading at the more conservative British sites, the two people most held responsible for the Brexit are Merkel and Obama, and it is the flooding of the country with Muslims, Gypsies, and free loaders that has really pissed off the working class.
Kind of like here in the good 'ole USA. Now all the Brits need is their own Donald Trump........... :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
toad

Post by toad »

Interesting read on the differences between Continental Europe and Britain. What struck me most is that Brits, like the Yanks, give more to private charity than the EUps,
https://accordingtohoyt.com/2016/06/24/ ... is-turner/

It also looks like the Brits may suffer the same thing we do with town "councils" . Here town councils, councils, school councils and such tend to be taken over by ideologues/crooks.

Now it's coming out that the petition to have another referendum has signatures from people who don't live in the UK. A lot of signatures from the far East and suck.
toad

Post by toad »

Termite wrote:
toad wrote:From what I've been reading at the more conservative British sites, the two people most held responsible for the Brexit are Merkel and Obama, and it is the flooding of the country with Muslims, Gypsies, and free loaders that has really pissed off the working class.
Kind of like here in the good 'ole USA. Now all the Brits need is their own Donald Trump........... :lol:
Uhm Boris or Farage :?:
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

It seems that the further (age-wise, at least) from "Special Snowflake" status, the more likely one was to vote "Leave."

https://twitter.com/SkyData/status/746700869656256512
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

British butcher shop goes back to pounds and ounces after the brexit vote:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1340899/s ... ve-the-eu/

:lol:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Wasn't it Tam who said "There's two types of countries in the world. Those who use the metric system, and those who've put a man on the moon."
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Heh, I always liked that line. Then again:
MALORY: Pah, metric! Who uses metric?
LANA: Every single country on the planet except for us, Liberia and Burma.
ARCHER: Wow, really?
LANA: Yeup.
ARCHER: 'Cause you never think of those other two as having their shit together.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Beginning to sound like the libtards, and their clique are not pleased with the results, and want a do-over. Apparently, they believe that "the beatings will continue until morale improves" is not a joke, but an instruction manual.
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
evan price

Post by evan price »

Talking head on msnbcbs just said "they voted to leave in order to prevent financial losses, but they have lost more since the grexit vote than in the fifteen years they have been in the EU!"
Ripping off the scab, I says.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!