BREXIT combined thread

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Kommander

Re: BBC says Brexit Passed.

Post by Kommander »

I heard that George Soros had "warned" England that if they vote leave it will have significant negative consequence for them. The thing is that if I give tell someone that their decision could have negative economic consequences its a warning, but when Soros does it it's a threat. I fully expect Sopros etc. to punish England hard for this. Meanwhile allot of pundits are voting as if the English just voted to erect a magic bubble around their county from which noting may enter or leave.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Cobar wrote:That was the point my my disclaimer about the people getting a payday from the EU. I was asking more about what, if anything, everyone else gets out of the EU.
Market access.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

So the EU is saying submit your sovereignty to the EU government or have no access to those that do?
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

They decided they didn't want to be Airstrip One after all. Color me impressed.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
toad

Post by toad »

Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Cobar wrote:So the EU is saying submit your sovereignty to the EU government or have no access to those that do?
By Jove I think you've got it!
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
BDK

Post by BDK »

I suspect there will be far less stupidity than blathered about. Too many business leaders will want to keep trade going.

Any blow against centralized power is great. Especially unelected centralized power
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

The British have voted to be British. And all over western Europe, elites are stunned. How, how could they want to be British? :o :lol:
toad

Post by toad »

Now there is agitation in five other EU country's about leaving. The EU has become a cracked glass, you can't fill it up. :shock:
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Cobar wrote:So the EU is saying submit your sovereignty to the EU government or have no access to those that do?
Members of The EU have no barriers to entry to each others markets. Tarriffs, etc.

It's why Germany, the biggest exporter in Europe, and France, the biggest Market in Europe, are the big proponents of it. The problem is, it's more than a free trade agreement, it involves border control(IE there is none inside the EU, hence why guys like Highspeed can simply setup shop in Spain), and currency control(and therefore, economic planning)
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt