"Syrian Refugees" not.

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
toad

"Syrian Refugees" not.

Post by toad »

From what I'm reading the Syrian Refugees in both Europe and the US that are causing the most trouble are actually Pushtu from Afghanistan. It looks like they are deliberately being let into the US knowing they would most likely provoke hostile reactions. Your conspiracy theory :evil: mileage may vary.
First Shirt

Re: "Syrian Refugees" not.

Post by First Shirt »

toad wrote:From what I'm reading the Syrian Refugees in both Europe and the US that are causing the most trouble are actually Pushtu from Afghanistan. It looks like they are deliberately being let into the US knowing they would most likely provoke hostile reactions. Your conspiracy theory :evil: mileage may vary.
Color me surprised. NOT!!!!

Until we start vetting the "refugees", we're going to have issues.

Honestly, I make it a requirement, that military age males be sent back to their "homeland." if you don't like what's happening in your homeland, then get off your dead ass and fix it!!! Don't expect us to fix it for you.

We'd take women and children, but military age men would be sent back. And that extends to males, age 16-60.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

First Shirt wrote:
toad wrote:From what I'm reading the Syrian Refugees in both Europe and the US that are causing the most trouble are actually Pushtu from Afghanistan. It looks like they are deliberately being let into the US knowing they would most likely provoke hostile reactions. Your conspiracy theory :evil: mileage may vary.
Color me surprised. NOT!!!!

Until we start vetting the "refugees", we're going to have issues.

Honestly, I make it a requirement, that military age males be sent back to their "homeland." if you don't like what's happening in your homeland, then get off your dead ass and fix it!!! Don't expect us to fix it for you.

We'd take women and children, but military age men would be sent back. And that extends to males, age 16-60.
And that extends to the women and children you're claiming as yours.
randy

Post by randy »

That's what I always chapped me about the Sanctuary Movement in the 80's with Central American refugees.

I can understand getting your wife and kids out of the line of fire, but once they're safe, go back, pick a side* and work/fight to make it the country you want to bring your family back to.

If you're not wiling to make a stand in your homeland, what makes you think we want your sorry worthless ass here?

(* and if you picked the Sandinistas, FMLN,etc, well I'd still work to wipe you out, but at least I would have some respect for you)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

randy wrote:That's what I always chapped me about the Sanctuary Movement in the 80's with Central American refugees.
I can understand getting your wife and kids out of the line of fire, but once they're safe, go back, pick a side* and work/fight to make it the country you want to bring your family back to.
If you're not wiling to make a stand in your homeland, what makes you think we want your sorry worthless ass here?
(* and if you picked the Sandinistas, FMLN,etc, well I'd still work to wipe you out, but at least I would have some respect for you)

Exactly!!! I'll respect you more, (not that I'll cut you any slack) if you're willing to stand up for what you believe. But if you're willing to hang your families out to dry to save you're own sorry ass, I have no respect for you and you deserve whatever happens to you!!!!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom