French men hunting Muslims second thoughts?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
toad

French men hunting Muslims second thoughts?

Post by toad »

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fre ... 4AD0247452

I was taking another look at this trying to make up my mind if it was a political party thug group or were there some pros involved, French police perhaps? I'm wondering how available those batons they were using are?

It will be interesting if this group starts going after the leftist enablers of unlimited immigration.
I've heard the Le Pen's group has already clashed with some pro immigrant group.
Aesop

Re: French men hunting Muslims second thoughts?

Post by Aesop »

I linked to the video on LiveLeak in the other thread about two hours ago.

I'm hoping it becomes a thing; and apparently, there's no requirement for a Hunter Safety class as a pre-req.
And it would make it much easier to let people know what I want for Christmas.
You have to get in on these things early though, because within a few months, there'll be associations and rules, and then the Gear Queers and Costume Nazis will start upping the ante to get in, and then it turns into golf or mountain biking.

And of course, some genius will eventually complete the circle, publish plans for a home-built small-scale Hellfire missile, marry it to the current drone craze, and pretty soon, teenagers across the country will be doing single-man drone strikes from home, just like the Big Team does.

Bonus points to the first guys to band together, and take out one of the dozens of jihadi terrorist camps already known to exist on US soil.
They can then level up their guys with untraceable arms, and it's a full-blown party.

The Unfortunate Down Side: The European precedent for this sort of thing dates to the freikorps groups in Berlin and Munich in the 1920s.
It doesn't end well. (And f*** you again, Mike Godwin, you sophomoric simpleton.)
Especially for those initially at the end of the batons.

I vote we wait and see, and if they decide to go all camps and trains, this time we sit on our hands for a couple of decades.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I don't think the French have any cowboys, so I guess they are doing the best they can with what they have.
Aesop wrote:And f*** you again, Mike Godwin, you sophomoric simpleton.
Yeah, that. :lol:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Erik

Post by Erik »

toad wrote:I was taking another look at this trying to make up my mind if it was a political party thug group or were there some pros involved, French police perhaps? I'm wondering how available those batons they were using are?
The logo with the Valknot at the beginning and the style of the attacks in the video makes me suspect that these are "nationalist" thugs. The Valknot is used a lot by those groups, and the attacks are more like a pack of wild dogs and not like any pros or people with training would do it. I seriously doubt there's any police among them, or anyone in any major organized movement or party. The style is more like a gang of thugs than an organized action. Even soccer hooligans are usually a lot more organized than that.

I'm not sure about France, but telescopic batons are legal to buy here, if you're over 18. You're not allowed to carry them on the streets, but you can still buy them. So it's no problem for anyone in Europe to get them even if they would be banned in their country, they could just mailorder them from another country.

My take is that this is just a groups of thugs that wanted to show on film how tough they are and go out in large numbers and look for anyone that looks to be X (X being muslim, jew, gay, communist, black, or whatever else they have a problem with), and then attack while filming it. It's pretty obvious that their targets aren't really opponents or fighting back, they are just trying to get away or protect themselves. And the scene seems to be in a business district with lots of traffic, not in any area where any serious opponents would be. They just went out and found some easy targets.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
randy

Post by randy »

I'd be more impressed with those thugs if they were going on Safari to Syria to do their hunting. Or signing up for La Legion.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
BDK

Post by BDK »

A) That's how this stuff feeds.

B) Most Frenchmen whom I've met, are proudly French. If they get convinced that Muslims are a threat to France, they're a decent chance for them to start up w the camps again.

(I.E., one of the reasons I'm headed to Europe. I want to see the Louvre, and it might be awhile before I can again.)

Europe has been as quiescent as it has been since the first sack of Rome, for the last 20 years or so.

But, by nature, it's a battlefield.

We tried to fundamentally restructure Europe after WWII - not sure how successful we were at it - but I'm not sure they can survive without some "other" to hate.

Frankly, as a matter of national security, we should try to remove the money from the ME.

Either by seizing the assets - not the best idea - or by blocking them out of the world market - which would take China and Russia agreeing that a wealthy ME is more of a threat than their supply is worth.

India would be good to have on our side as well, but I don't believe that would be feasible.

Russia would love a return to high petrochemical prices, and China uses lots of coal and might be persuaded that it would like to have a price motive to not grow dependent on oil.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

BDK wrote:I want to see the Louvre, and it might be awhile before I can again.
It's worth it, even if the Mona Lisa is vastly overrated. The gallery of large paintings has works of Jacques-Louis David that are breathtaking.

I'd recommend a trip to the Musee de l'Armee at Les Invalides, too. Pay your respects to Napoleon.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

randy wrote:I'd be more impressed with those thugs if they were going on Safari to Syria to do their hunting. Or signing up for La Legion.
Don't know if it's still true, but La Legion Etrangre used to prohibit French citizens from enlisting. Frenchmen desiring to do so usually went to the recruiting station in Belgium.

I always thought it was a pretty sad commentary that the nation's elite military force prohibited, by law, that nation's citizens from enlisting.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
toad

Post by toad »

The Foreign Legion was not supposed to serve on the soil of France unless it was invaded. The line officers must be French some of the non-coms can make support officers. Right after the Algerian war French officers of the Legion attempted a coup against De Gual. The enlisted supported the officers. An unofficial song of the Legion after wards was, "I have no regrets" . The powers that be vet the hell out of the Legion Officers these days. French officers get a four year college degree then they go to a military academy, a French officer has an equivalent of a masters degree. The get a full dose of the PC of the French left. The officers can be very good but when they are bad they really suck. Service in the Legion is a way for French officer to get their "I've seen combat" ticket stamped, some make a career of it. The French government has been in effect reducing the pension benefits for the enlisted who serve in the Legion. See Obama and military force draw down.
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

they are trying to step out , support them.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.