Breaking--Paris Mayhem

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Termite

Re: Breaking--Paris Mayhem

Post by Termite »

slowpoke wrote:Considering Hollende was at the ball game when shit got real there, I'm expecting his oversize ego to take it personaly that he could have been killed and take appropriate action. With luck when the French go all The Hammer on them the Germans will lose their guilt and follow suite. Match meet powder keg, this coukd make WW2 look like a friendly little tussle...
I wonder if Yogi's former countrymen are sharpening stakes yet..........
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
toad

Post by toad »

In chaotic times you can usually find blowback. Look for people in Muslim dress to start getting bushwhacked in Europe.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Have considered and rejected several posts.

I feel for the victims, and their families.

It will be interesting to see the French response. If there's one thing they are always willing to do, it's act in their own perceived best interests. The problem is, they're not team players. They've always been willing to sell out the rest of western civilization if they thought that would best serve their interests.

So what they do now is.... important.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

toad wrote:In chaotic times you can usually find blowback. Look for people in Muslim dress to start getting bushwhacked in Europe.
Have seen a Tweeted report of Muslims in Paris walking around smiling.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
randy

Post by randy »

Greg wrote:It will be interesting to see the French response. If there's one thing they are always willing to do, it's act in their own perceived best interests. The problem is, they're not team players.
You could make the same statement about the Russians. If it turns out this was an ISIS inspired operation, and if ISIS was behind the downing of the airliner in the Sinai.... the "Caliphate" could be in for very interesting times.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

randy wrote: You could make the same statement about the Russians. If it turns out this was an ISIS inspired operation, and if ISIS was behind the downing of the airliner in the Sinai.... the "Caliphate" could be in for very interesting times.
Just ask the Lebanese who kidnapped a Russian diplomat. If you can find any of them. IIRC, it took almost four days for the diplomat to be returned unharmed, except for a rumpled suit.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Termite wrote:
slowpoke wrote:Considering Hollende was at the ball game when shit got real there, I'm expecting his oversize ego to take it personaly that he could have been killed and take appropriate action. With luck when the French go all The Hammer on them the Germans will lose their guilt and follow suite. Match meet powder keg, this coukd make WW2 look like a friendly little tussle...
I wonder if Yogi's former countrymen are sharpening stakes yet..........

Hungarians don't much tolerate this shit.
Rod

Post by Rod »

The gloves are off. France has declared martial law as of a few minutes ago.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

rightisright wrote:What a fucking shitstorm. Unfortunately, it's just the beginning. Is there any project that supports sending testicles to Europe?
There's barely enough left to go around over here.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop