A bird? A plane? No, it's Jetman and an Airbus 380.....

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Termite

A bird? A plane? No, it's Jetman and an Airbus 380.....

Post by Termite »

....flying in formation!!
The incredible footage was shot in Dubai above the famous Palm Jumeirah, Burj Khalifa and the country's Skyline.
Rossy and Reffet soar through the clouds at 4,000ft beside the world's largest passenger plane, the Airbus A380

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... plane.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VPvKl6ezyc
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
PawPaw

Re: A bird? A plane? No, it's Jetman and an Airbus 380.....

Post by PawPaw »

I watched that yesterday. Really awesome footage.

On another note was that you over my house on Wednesday? Son and I were trying to put ball joints in my Mercury Medicare, and somebody kept flying a weedeater over the house.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I would pay money to watch one of those guys fly into the wake turbulence.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Considering where its being done, we're probably watching some beta testing of a new "smart" bomb. :P
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Netpackrat wrote:I would pay money to watch one of those guys fly into the wake turbulence.
Yea, might possibly rip the wings right off of them, along with their parachutes.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Termite

Post by Termite »

PawPaw wrote:Was that you over my house on Wednesday? Son and I were trying to put ball joints in my Mercury Medicare, and somebody kept flying a weedeater over the house.
LOL.......... :lol:

Yeah, that was me. Weather had kept me from flying for the last 5-6 days, so I had to get in a little flight time before going back to work. I was passing by your house, saw you working on the car, and descended to take a look and wave hello.

Reklaw was a bust; whole thing got virtually cancelled due to weather. Well, that and the fact that army worms came thru 6 weeks ago and stripped most of the grass on the runway and pastures. No grass plus 10-12" rain equals bad mud. Total of 15 planes were there, just locals, and they couldn't get their planes out till the next week.
Last year there were over 400 planes.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Termite

Post by Termite »

Gunnuts wrote:Considering where its being done, we're probably watching some beta testing of a new "smart" bomb. :P
Yves Rossy is a former Swiss Airforce pilot, also flew for Swiss Air, and would be offended by that statement.

I suspect he's in Dubai seeking money backers. He's spent nearly $250,00 or more of his own money in the last few years developing his jetpack. Probably wants some deep pocket donations.
randy

Post by randy »

So how long before this becomes a scene in a movie, and will it be:

a) Bad guys attacking a plane

b) Good guys attacking a bad guy plane

b) Good guys rescuing the plane
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".