Oregon school shooting

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Jered

Re: Oregon school shooting

Post by Jered »

randy wrote:
Jered wrote:There are fire extinguishers everywhere in those colleges. They make dandy smokescreens and great clubs.
if you're close enough to use it as a club, a blast from a chemical extinguisher to the face provides an adequate "f**k you" when high velocity projectiles are not available.
And then to be sure, "f**k you harder" by bashing you over the head with the steel cylinder.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Were there no books, laptops, backpacks, smart phones or slip on shoes to start throwing at the shooter as they rushed him?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
toad

Post by toad »

Well the Daily Mail Links are extremely large and are changing all the time.
The latest Telegraph:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -live.html
The latest Daily Mail.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hbors.html
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Active shooter needs to change from "attack the shooter only as a last resort" to "if you are in the same room (no matter what size), do your best to kill him as soon as possible."
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Jered wrote:It seems like there are valid survival reasons for ignoring gun free zone signs.

The small easily concealable weapons go to the far left of the place setting. At what point do people start thinking. "Survival trumps the rules," or,"These policies that prohibit me carrying a tool for self defense aren't worth following." Ruger, Kel-Tec, Beretta, and all sorts of others make small concealable pistols for a reason.

There are fire extinguishers everywhere in those colleges. They make dandy smokescreens and great clubs.
Also, the bureaucratic tools making these rules don't have to regularly exist under them. As for the concealables, I've recently bought two. A mini 9mm and a micro NAA .22 revolver.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Jered wrote: Ruger, Kel-Tec, Beretta, and all sorts of others make small concealable pistols for a reason.
A Kel-tec P32 or P3AT, or a Ruger LCP is incredibly easy to conceal; I can carry my P32 wearing shorts & Tshirt, and no one will notice. While plenty of "ballistics experts" sneer at .380 or .32acp, there's been a lot of people killed with them.
During the 1940s to 1970s, .32 Long cheap revolvers or .32acp autos were very common hideout guns in black-owned "juke joints". So common that Jim Croce included a .32 in his song "Bad Bad Leroy Brown".
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

Been thinking about one of those mouse guns. I have a bit of trouble concealing a J-frame even. I'm probably a bit too print-wary, but I'm in NY. While carrying my gun isn't breaking the law, I have those not-legally-binding restrictions on my permit, so I REALLY don't want to be found out carrying. I'm embarrassed to say that even my little .38 has been getting left home more often than not.
toad

Post by toad »

CNN accused of photo shopping Oregon shooter to make him look white.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/10 ... ook-white/

What next, Obama photo shopped to make him look blacker? :?: