Black Confederate Flag Supporter Killed...

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Old Grafton

Black Confederate Flag Supporter Killed...

Post by Old Grafton »

...run off the road it appears. Any bets on how long it is before mobs of angry blacks swarm the streets demanding "justice"? Oh, wait, it appears there's a bit of a problem.....

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 0-11-05-51
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Flintlock Tom

Re: Black Confederate Flag Supporter Killed...

Post by Flintlock Tom »

There is nothing in the article to indicate that "Confederate flag supporter" and "killed" are, in any way, related.
There were no flags or stickers displayed on the car he was driving and the passenger simple says he lost control.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rod

Post by Rod »

A passenger in Hervey's car, Arlene Barnum, tells The Associated Press that Hervey swerved and crashed after another vehicle carrying four or five young black men pulled up alongside them, yelling and looking angry. Barnum said Hervey yelled something back at the other vehicle before losing control and crashing.
No, sounds like he did cause the accident himself but I wonder what the men in the other car were yelling. Did they stick around?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Police aren't done with the investigation. This is what struck me as significant:

"Barnum said she and Hervey had been returning home Sunday from Birmingham, Alabama, where they attended a Saturday rally to save the Linn Park Confederate Monument. City leaders there recently voted to remove the memorial from the park.

Barnum said they were in her SUV, which was not displaying any Confederate flags or stickers.

She said she had no idea whether they had been followed from Birmingham.

I'm betting he was recognized Sunday or followed. Might only be coincidence. Awfully coincidental.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Aaaaaannnnd.....an update of sorts.

"Barnum said that as she and Hervey were traveling home Sunday, she let Hervey drive. She said he stopped at a convenience store, and she remained in the vehicle as he went in. She said Hervey was wearing a Confederate kepi, or military hat. Barnum said soon after they left the store, a car with four or five young black men pulled up near them.

"They were angry with Mr. Hervey," Barnum said. "Mr. Hervey sped up and said, `Hell, no.' ... He really had to gun it on the gas pedal."

Barnum said Hervey didn't have time to explain what was happening. "I could have sworn that they knew him because of his reaction to them," she said.

She said the car ran Hervey off the highway, and the SUV rolled over. Barnum said she unbuckled herself and told Hervey he should take a pocket knife off her key chain and cut his seatbelt. She said he was breathing but didn't respond."

I'm sure authorities are aware of the potential for information in that store's security video if available.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 2-05-46-13