White is black? NAACP leader gets to choose what she is.

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Weetabix

White is black? NAACP leader gets to choose what she is.

Post by Weetabix »

Apparently an NAACP leader in WA state has been transforming herself to look like she's black since about 2000. Her parents recently outed her, but the NAACP is supporting her. Linky

When I first heard of this, I figured if Bruce Jenner could do it, why not her? I guess that's how they look at it, too. Asked about her race, she said:
Dolezal said, "That question is not as easy as it seems. There's a lot of complexities ... and I don’t know that everyone would understand that." Later, she said, "We're all from the African continent," an apparent reference to scientific studies tracing the origin of human life to east Africa.
Since we're all of African descent, I guess we can all get along now, eh?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Langenator

Re: White is black? NAACP leader gets to choose what she is

Post by Langenator »

Heh.

Dolezal meaning: a nickname for a lazy or idle person

http://surnames.meaning-of-names.com/dolezal/
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Then I'm going to start applying for set aside positions, scholarships, etc.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Fun site. Here's mine:
"the coarse, uncouth, or rough man."

I've told people who apply for jobs on USAjobs.com to go ahead and toss in whatever race they "identify with", because sometimes its the only way to get your resume looked at by a real person instead of a computer.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Worked for Lizzy Warren.

SA
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jered

Post by Jered »

I had to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

There's this whole WrongSkin thing going on. Evidently, if you can identify an off-gender, you can also identify with a race that you have no claim to. It's progressive idiocy at its high point.

If Bruce Jenner can keep his man bits and identify as "Caitlyn", then why can't a white person self-identify and demand to be called black? It makes perfect sense to me.

For the record, I am a senior white male, who has been drinking Beam for a couple of hours. In just a few minutes I intend to get a shower and fall into my bed, where I will explore my wife's lady parts. I'm fairly certain she's a woman, and I'm pretty sure I'm a man, but these days who can tell? I think we're both white folks, but she claims Irish ancestry, so maybe she's black Irish.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I'm having trouble figuring out what the issue is.
You don't have to be black to join the NAACP.
You don't have to be black to teach "African American Studies."
So, whose ox did she gore? And, what's the hubbub about?

She even looks black, at least compared to Kamala Harris.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

She's the Caitlyn Jenner of race, and public acceptance of her situation is at the stage sex-change was in the early '50's with Christine Jorgenson, and we're anti trans-racist for insisting she retain the race she was born with.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Might as well do this here.

I identify as a fire engine. I've always felt this way as far back as I can remember. A kindergarden teacher once told me this was not possible, but that was in 1977. In 2015, she's just a mean 'ol bigot, a dirty evil racist nazi goon trying to keep me from embracing what I know to be right and casting uncertainty on the ticket to my status as a victim. How dare she.

If anybody needs me I'll be down at the recreation area/campground, drinking LOTS of beer and pissing on campfires while makinging WEEEEEE OOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOO BWAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAA WOOOOWOOOOOWOOOOOWOOOOO noises.

Fuck all of you haters.