White is black? NAACP leader gets to choose what she is.

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Re: White is black? NAACP leader gets to choose what she is

Post by D5CAV »

I think the whole idea of ERA is that organizations can't discriminate in their hiring based on race, including the NAACP, so if she got the job and is doing the job, who cares how much of a tan she gets?

I had a classmate in grad school who was from Rhodesia. His family left before it became Zimbabwe, so he always insisted on calling his homeland "Rhodesia". He looked and talked just like Leonardo DiCaprio's character in the movie "Blood Diamond".

Once we were both filling out some survey du-jour from our university. I noted that he checked the box for "African American". I opined that "African American" was intended to designate race, not place of origin.

He answered, "I was born in Africa, my father was born in Africa, my grandfather was born in Africa, and my great-grandfather is buried in Africa. Most of these k####rs here have never set foot in Africa, and wouldn't last one day in the bush if they did. I'd like any of them to try and tell me I'm not 'African American'."

I told him if that ever happened, I hoped that I was present, since I would find the exchange interesting.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Flintlock Tom wrote:I'm having trouble figuring out what the issue is.
You don't have to be black to join the NAACP.
You don't have to be black to teach "African American Studies."
So, whose ox did she gore? And, what's the hubbub about?

She even looks black, at least compared to Kamala Harris.
Based merely upon her documented actions, she is a sociopath.
While we acknowledge the existence of same in society, it's probably not a good idea to pander to their delusions, nor place them in positions of influence or responsibility.

If she wants to move to the Kalahari, tote a spear, and identify as a bushwoman, I have no problem with her delusions. Leopards will solve her problems in short order.
Leaving her to spew racist bullshit and lies under the guise of being a spokeshole for the NAACP is not a consequence-neutral alternative choice.
She thus deserves the shitstorm of ridicule and derision, and hopefully legal action, that has ensued and will continue, until she either gets psychological help, a prison sentence, or both.

Societies who summarily stoned certain people either to death or while running to the district border make more and more sense every day.

But you've gotta love the fact that the most qualified leader for the NAACP mission in Spokane was an obviously crazy white woman. :lol:
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

The 6-8pm radio host on WHAS said, "She was an average, mediocre white woman. Nothing special or notable at all. She becomes black and suddenly zooms to leadership positions. What does that say about the black community?"
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Greg

Post by Greg »

skb12172 wrote:The 6-8pm radio host on WHAS said, "She was an average, mediocre white woman. Nothing special or notable at all. She becomes black and suddenly zooms to leadership positions. What does that say about the black community?"
In this case, it says that blacks have too much good sense, or too much of a sense of shame, to seek out a career as a race-baiting parasite. The fact that they don't have enough Sharptons and Jacksons to go around and have to import crazy shameless sociopathic white people to do the jobs that black people won't do.... ;)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Re: White is black? NAACP leader gets to choose what she is.

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Aegis wrote:
Steamforger wrote:
I identify as a fire engine.
Not an A-10?
I identify as an attack helicopter. :ugeek: :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I'm beginning to identify as a handicapped transexual black woman. It's apparent from Bruce/Caitlyn's situation that I don't actually have to make the cut (which is a relief), so I'll let you know when I get tenure at the local university.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy