How Long Will We Tolerate This Injustice?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
PawPaw

Re: How Long Will We Tolerate This Injustice?

Post by PawPaw »

Washington Ticks has a nice ring to it. It would fit better on a jersey, and they could make a way-cool cartoon character as a mascot.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Will no one do anything about Notre Dame's racist and offensive stereotyping of people of Irish descent as violent and drunken louts fit only for fighting? Must we, alone among the world's minorities suffer this indignity without respite or remedy?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

DC Perpetual Losers. It's been a cellar-dweller for twenty years. :cry:
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Windy Wilson wrote:Will no one do anything about Notre Dame's racist and offensive stereotyping of people of Irish descent as violent and drunken louts fit only for fighting? Must we, alone among the world's minorities suffer this indignity without respite or remedy?
There is a reason that stereotypes exist.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

blackeagle603 wrote:Washington Thinskins
Washington Crimson Hides.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

dfwmtx wrote:As for Oklahoma, I think y'all should change the name back to North Texas. :mrgreen:
I've heard it said (by Oklahomans) that Texas should actually be referred to as "Baja Oklahoma"... :mrgreen:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Greg

Post by Greg »

PawPaw wrote:Washington Ticks has a nice ring to it. It would fit better on a jersey, and they could make a way-cool cartoon character as a mascot.
You probably want to skip the free giveaway on fan appreciation night. :shock: :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

dfwmtx wrote:Why not just change it to the Washington Greedy Politicians? Or the Washington Bloodsuckers? More accurately reflects the local wildlife. I mean really, who thinks "Indians" when they think "Washington D.C."?

As for Oklahoma, I think y'all should change the name back to North Texas. :mrgreen:
Washington Orcs.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
martini

Post by martini »

I don't recall where I saw it, but it was suggested that they should become the Washington Pederasts. Their mascot would be Harry Reid.
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura