Stop Wishing For A Revolution

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
blackeagle603

Re: Stop Wishing For A Revolution

Post by blackeagle603 »

that and maybe institute an IG, appointed by the states, with prosecutorial powers for the Federal .gov.

Crimes is crimes. Criminals is criminals. No more untouchable classes or persons.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

blackeagle603 wrote:Crimes is crimes. Criminals is criminals. No more untouchable classes or persons.
Or pardons for same. (Tempting, at any rate, though I'm a little too RCOBed to think about the potential consequences.)
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Precision

Post by Precision »

Aesop.

So long as there are men who cherish freedom more than life, there is risk of revolution.

So long as I am alive, there is one man who fits that description. I think there are many men and many women who feel that way. The thing that keeps the genie bottled up, is most of us are quite aware of the pain and suffering that opening the bottle will cause. We are also aware that the is no putting the bottle back around the genie, that for every revolution that brings a better situation there are 20 that just ignite a fire that burns all to the ground.

We may or may not stand on the precipice of civil war / revolution. History will tell us. But one thing I know for absolute certain, we are standing on the edge of tomorrow. We still appear to have a say in what that tomorrow is. When that truth (or illusion) disappears, the viability of the first three boxes having a say disappears as well. Hopefully, the last box never needs to have a say. But I am not willing to remove that box from the choices.

I keep it dry and well maintained. If the war comes to me, I will come to the war.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

blackeagle603 wrote:that and maybe institute an IG, appointed by the states, with prosecutorial powers for the Federal .gov.
You mean, like a Senate, filled with appointees from State legislatures...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Thought about that Ag.

However, politics being the art of possible, repealing the 17th is a long way from happening. As much as I'd like to see that happen... A couple generations at best before we'd have consciousness for that. Perhaps the 17th could go away if/after enough States first rediscover and reassert the 10th. i.e. the path to fixing the 17th goes thru the 10th.

Alternatively it may be possible to get a national consensus for an IG in this generation. Especially in light of the current level of lawlessness and corruption.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Aglifter wrote:
blackeagle603 wrote:that and maybe institute an IG, appointed by the states, with prosecutorial powers for the Federal .gov.
You mean, like a Senate, filled with appointees from State legislatures...
Yup, repeal the 17th amendment, and the 16th as well, and establish a citizen triage of all pubic programs to eliminate the bs from DC.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Precision wrote:Aesop.

So long as there are men who cherish freedom more than life, there is risk of revolution.
The exact scenario brought up in the linked post.
The point is not "don't fight a revolution if it comes".
It's "Don't get a chubby for one and salivate the merest prospect."

The people who do that aren't patriots. They're sociopaths.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Aesop wrote:The people who do that aren't patriots. They're sociopaths.
And you're of the few people here who have seen what I've seen with regards to what high-speed metal does to human flesh (and their organs - which sometimes come OUTSIDE the human body even though they're not supposed to). The horrific damage to humans by high-speed metal is nothing less than traumatic. To want to engage in something which you are willing to subject others to your desires and devices without taking the same risk upon yourself (especially after having seen the results thereof), is, in my mind, ASTONISHING - and I'm putting it mildly (I'm sure AESOP will put it in much more colorful terms than I have at the time I'm writing this).

That those who would put others before themselves in such a situation is nothing less than needing to hang from the tree of sacrifice at the "Tree of Freedom" (which some claim to be just outside the Whaley House in San Diego - one of the MOST HAUNTED HOUSES in AMERICA - where they had a courthouse and HANGED a bunch of people).

Personally, I'd MUCH RATHER NOT go through such a time, but if FREEDOM DEMANDS IT, and others are trying to make us slaves of the state, then I will fight tooth & nail to preserve our freedoms!

But I'd MUCH PREFER it NOT come to the CARTRIDGE BOX to protect the US CONSTITUTION AGAINST ALL ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC!!

SEMPER FI!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Termite

Post by Termite »

Netpackrat wrote:Honestly, I think the fact that the CCW guy also died trying to stop the LV shootings probably will do more to make the point to cops that most of us aren't their enemy, than any amount of blog posting will. At least among those who study the incident. Successful or not, the best thing for our side was that one of "us" threw in with the murdered cops at the cost of his own life.
Agreed.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

States right aside, we talked about this LV incident at retrainer this past week. The general concensus of the 30-odd badge carriers in the class was that bad shit happens, and sometimes it happens to good people. When you wear a badge, after a while you come to realize that it makes a wonderful aiming point.(I prefer the third button on the shirt, but a metallic badge contrasts nicely with most attire, it's easy to see, and is close enough to guarantee a pneumo-thorax if struck by a bullet.... but I digress)

The point is that we who routinely strap on a badge know that we're likely to be targeted when things go south. It sucks, but there it is. The one way to help prevent that is to become known as one of the good guys, or in a larger sense, to be known as one of the good agencies. This requires a top-down attitude from the head that the primary mission is to serve the people. Sometimes that service takes the form of arresting bad guys. Sometimes that service requires that we stop on the side of the road to help someone change a tire. Sometimes that service requires that we do nothing but stand on a street corner as a parade rolls by.

There are those citizens who reflexively dislike the police. i get that too, and that's one of the benefits of living in this society. You don't have to like the police, and you always have the right to remain silent.

This LV incident doesn't really bother me in a weather-change sort of way. Sure, I grieve for the officers and innocents who were slain, but I understand that sometimes bad things happen to good people.

You want a revolution? Let's have one at the ballot box. Look what the good citizens of Virginia did to Eric Cantor last week. Three or four weeks ago he was being touted as a possible Speaker of the House, now he's just another also-ran. That was revolutionary.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House