gunman or knifeman?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

gunman or knifeman?

Post by D5CAV »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/2 ... 96581.html
GOLETA, Calif. (AP) — A gunman went on a rampage Friday night near the University of California, Santa Barbara, that left seven people dead
Reading Huffpo, one would get the impression that seven people were "victims of a gun rampage" in the "Santa Barbara Shootings". In fairness, Huffpo admits to is that one of the "victims" was the perp, so actually six victims (hence the six stories).

The first three were roomates of the perp and were knifed in the apartment before perp went out and killed other people, so a more accurate reporting might be a knife wielding killer murdered six people. Now we are down to "three victims of Santa Barbara shootings".

If someone would elect me [strike]Dictator[/strike] President, I would make an executive order that any wacko who commits a mass murder is under media lockdown. No mention of his name. No pictures of him. Nothing about his family. Nothing about whatever wacko manifesto he might have written. His you-tube videos, facebook postings and blogs are scrubbed.

The media is free to write whatever they want about the victims and their stories, but the perp and his memory are dead forever - kind of like the old Pharoahs erasing any mention of their predecessor.

I'll be willing to bet that a few years after this "executive order" goes into effect, the number of mass shootings, stabbings, bombings, etc. will be down by a factor of 3.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
308Mike

Re: gunman or knifeman?

Post by 308Mike »

D5CAV wrote:I'll be willing to bet that a few years after this "executive order" goes into effect, the number of mass shootings, stabbings, bombings, etc. will be down by a factor of 3.
At least!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

I noted this one on another thread.

1) The gunman is lily white. And crazy as a rat trapped in an outhouse slop tank.
2) UCSB is of course a gun-free zone, absolutely a virtual no-issue on CCWs IIRC, and the county is virtually gun-shop free. That worked out well.
3) It's S.B., so the odds are, other than his Chinese UCSB roommates, so were all his victims. No racism drum to beat. (But in the one positive note, there are several openings now for next semester.)
4) He actually shot 13 people according to reports; only 3 died. So the takeaway lesson is that pistols suck ass for killing people, given this amateur's 20% lethality rate. Thus they're clearly not the WMDs the shrieking hystericals would have everyone believe.
5) Background check? 10-day waiting/cooling off period? Mental health holds? 1-pistol-a-month max limit? Max 10-round magazine capacity? Tiny list of "approved" state-allowed pistols? All check.
Califrutopia already has every possible "common sense" restriction to keep guns out of the hands of People Who We Wish Wouldn't Have Any, short of banning them outright, so the antis here have painted themselves into that corner, because other than calling for getting rid of them entirely, they have no place to go, and that last generally outs them as the banning asstards they are in about 0.2 seconds, and so they have nowhere to go and nothing to say.
(They seem to recognize they've pushed as far as they can, and that any further effort will lead to simply shooting them outright on principle.)
6) Just for s & g, his father is big-time Hollyweird director, and the parents are both knee-jerk "guns are bad" Obama-loving people.
Who spawned and raised a bat-guano nuts offspring who killed as many people as the Sandy Hook shooter.
(To their credit, they called the authorities about this earlier, and again on the day, and either the SB Sheriff biffed it, or Crazy Spawn managed to con them at the time.) So the people (and system) they entrusted everyone's safety to is not powered by mystical unicorns pooping strawberry-scented fairy dust, and came up empty, yet again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again.
7) Remus' oft-repeated survival advice holds true: whether it's college roommates of cities full of zombies, Avoid crowds. ;)

{Edited to add the recockulous mag capacity limit and update his body count, or actually lack thereof. Thanks Paw Paw.}
Last edited by Aesop on Wed May 28, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Some thoughts on this prick.

1. The police visited him twice just before the murders. As a serving police officer, I know how to do an OPC (Order of Protective Custody) where someone can be held in the local psych ward for 72 hours on the orders of a physician. That didn't happen in this case, probably for any number of good reasons, to include the one reason that every cop knows. No probable cause. Do you want the police dragging people off without cause? I'm just askin'.

2. He drove a BMW. I'm just sayin'

3. He used CA-complaint 10 round magazines. I understand he had a bunch of them, but they were all legal.

4. As Tam noted.
I can't help but observe that the people who are screaming for better mental health screening and more proactive response from law enforcement today are the very same ones who were cutting checks to the ACLU to prevent stigmatization and loss of freedom because of ableist mental health discrimination last week.

Make up your ****ing mind, ya buncha ****ing hypocrites. Do you want the Department of Precrime dragging people off or not?
Indeed.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

The closest anyone can come to the expected level of whinging is to blame this on "misogyny".
Most sane people without an axe to grind blame this on his rampant insanity, coupled with the perspicacity of any number of women in not sleeping with creepy batshit crazy kid.
Note the use of "creepy" here in its actual context, as opposed to its appearance in online HR advice columns.
Insanity is not an aphrodisiac.
"Women are like a plague,’’ Rodger wrote. “They don’t deserve to have any rights . . . Women are vicious, evil, barbaric animals, and they need to be treated as such.
Swap "women" for "men", note that he grew up the privileged son of reliable Hollywood leftists (but I repeat myself), and wonder where he might ever have heard that sort of thinking.
“In an ideal world, sexuality . . . must be outlawed. In a world without sex, humanity will be pure and civilized. Men will grow up healthily, without having to worry about such a barbaric act. . . . In order to completely abolish sex, women themselves would have to be abolished."
Okay, so chalk up a biology fail for the schools that produced this turd.
“In order to carry this out, there must exist a new and powerful type of government, under the control of one divine ruler, such as myself.’’
Jeebus crispies, that's right out of the White House manifesto.
I'm hoping against hope there's one or more Obama bumper stickers on his car, though even if t'were so, the photos would likely never see the light of day.

You have to wonder how a couple could provide offspring with the means to procure a BMW, three pistols, and housing in the neighborhood of UCSB without any clue to what sort of societal reject they'd spawned. The word "enablers" comes to mind, and I have to note that this is one of the cases where them S'ing TFU, and going into permanent hiding for the rest of their lives would be completely appropriate unless and until they can come to terms with their portion of guilt in this case.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

1) The gunman is lily white.

Apparently his mother is Malaysian. So what he did is embrace his mother's heritage by running amok. It is racist to think ill of it. We should salute him for his ethnic awareness.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

:lol:

Unfortunately, the media are prohibited from acknowledging anything but whiteness in statements of blame.
cf. George Zimmerman
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Online, I've met people who believe in the same festering bowl of insanity as this guy. They call themselves "incel" for "involuntarily celibate," or self-diagnose as "love-shy." A bunch of losers who think the world owes them pussy on the regular. ("Incel" types insist "it's not about sex! You can have sex and still be involuntarily celibate because you're not satisfied with your relationship!", which makes my head hurt). They blame all their problems on "western civilization," idolize school shooters because they acted on being really mad about... stuff and things. They are absolutely incapable of taking responsibility for anything in their own lives, and want to "inflict their agony" on society to watch it burn, only most of them furiously masturbate to fantasies of doing anything about it.

Infamously, some of them believe the government should provide them with girlfriends or plead with their own mothers for sex.

As a bird turd cherry on the batshit sundae, this bunch of forever alone losers like to call any man who doesn't buy their bullshit a "mangina." Because they've sold their masculinity to women, or something.

Soooo yeah, misogyny certainly plays into it a lot. But the fact that they're all nuttier than squirrel shit makes it a chicken-and-egg thing.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

If we define misogyny as a hatred, distrust, or contempt for women, I don't believe that's the right word. This little prick wanted a woman. He didn't know how to approach a woman, how to talk to a woman, or how to court a woman, but he wanted one. He was altogether a broken individual. Years of counseling did no good. If his Dad had any insight at all, he would have loaded the kid into the family SUV, driven to Reno, and taken him to a brothel. It would have probably saved money in the long run, and might have saved a few lives.

A man can lose a lot of his prejudices in a well-run whorehouse.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

PawPaw wrote:If we define misogyny as a hatred, distrust, or contempt for women, I don't believe that's the right word. This little prick wanted a woman. He didn't know how to approach a woman, how to talk to a woman, or how to court a woman, but he wanted one.
That doesn't mean he liked or respected women. I want to buy a new custom AR-15, that doesn't mean I think owning one makes it a human being.

It's entirely possible to bed women regularly and be a misogynist.

It's also entirely possible to be like this little shitstain whose dick is so dry he thinks he needs to take it out on random strangers, and be a misogynist.

Misogynist =/= not wanting to fuck women.