gunman or knifeman?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Aglifter

Re: gunman or knifeman?

Post by Aglifter »

A) Yes, he clearly needed more discipline

B) In all fairness I don't know that I would scrub toilets at an airport either - doubt it would be any worse than jobs I have done, but if everything else failed, I would work cattle or drive heavy equipment - or cook. Odds are they'll be some warlord w. a sweet tooth in TEOTWAWKI.

Is that level of strange beliefs toward a woman a biological result, or a sign of abuse by a female as a child?

Seems hard to comprehend.

Of course, I don't understand how do nothing people develop God complexes, so...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Contra to the left-wing, reflexively anti-gun types, I'm going to postulate that the fact that this kid could get guns actually reduced the death toll from his I-hate-the-world tantrum.

Allow me to postulate this theory: that the killer, while wanting to kill as many of those he hated as possible, was actually lazy, and not very creative when it came to spreading death and destruction. He could get guns, even with the PRK's highly restrictive laws, along with ammunition and a whole lot of magazines. This led to, with the exceptions of knifing his roommates and the probably spontaneous decision to hit people with his car, the killer not thinking about any other, possibly more effective, ways of doing his killing.

His primary target was apparently the Alpha Phi sorority house. But the sisters largely stymied his plan to shoot them all by simply refusing to open the door for him, at which point he departed to shoot some random strangers, apparently because they fit a 'type' in his warped mind which he hated.

But what if he hadn't been able to get guns, and instead showed up at the Alpha Phi house with a dozen or so molotov cocktails and proceeded to block the exits and then lob bottles of flaming petrochemicals through the windows?

How many would have died? Probably more than 3. Especially if he was able to walk away, get some more already prepared cocktails, and repeat his actions at another house.

But...he could get guns, which were easy, and so he never bothered to get more creative, and deadly. (Like Harris and Klebold would have been, if their bombs had worked.)

(It took me just a few minutes of mental meandering to postulate the molotovs. But then, I was in the infantry for 10 years, and killing people and breaking things was my job.)
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Langenator wrote:Contra to the left-wing, reflexively anti-gun types, I'm going to postulate that the fact that this kid could get guns actually reduced the death toll from his I-hate-the-world tantrum.
Maybe he could have gotten a higher score by using a 1974 Lincoln Continental?

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/day-terr ... ?oid=20584

This woman scored 7 dead and 22 injured (5 died at the scene and 2 died of their injuries). She was stopped by a bystander with an appropriate weapon - he rammed her with another car. I don't think I could stop a 1974 Lincoln with my usual Reno carry - a P3AT.

1 more dead and 14 more wounded than Santa Barbara Boy.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

D5CAV wrote:
Langenator wrote:Contra to the left-wing, reflexively anti-gun types, I'm going to postulate that the fact that this kid could get guns actually reduced the death toll from his I-hate-the-world tantrum.
Maybe he could have gotten a higher score by using a 1974 Lincoln Continental?

http://www.newsreview.com/reno/day-terr ... ?oid=20584

This woman scored 7 dead and 22 injured (5 died at the scene and 2 died of their injuries). She was stopped by a bystander with an appropriate weapon - he rammed her with another car. I don't think I could stop a 1974 Lincoln with my usual Reno carry - a P3AT.

1 more dead and 14 more wounded than Santa Barbara Boy.
I think you'd have a tough time stopping a 74 Lincoln with anything smaller than a full-size pickup (on the vehicle side) or a 20mm Lahti (on the firearm side.)
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

D5CAV wrote:This woman scored 7 dead and 22 injured (5 died at the scene and 2 died of their injuries). She was stopped by a bystander with an appropriate weapon - he rammed her with another car. I think I could stop a 1974 Lincoln with my usual Reno carry - a PIAT.
FIFY
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Fortuna Fortis Paratus
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

dfwmtx wrote:Waiting for the first woman mass murdering shooter. I'm betting her crimes will be excused by the Media.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurie_Dann

Made the media howl for lots of gun control. The holwing happened again last year during the 25th anniversary of the incident.
Last edited by SoupOrMan on Sat May 31, 2014 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

"Poon Hunting"
Termite

Post by Termite »

Pawpaw nailed it.

Everything else is just "fluff and nonsense".
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
randy

Post by randy »

SoupOrMan wrote:
dfwmtx wrote:Waiting for the first woman mass murdering shooter. I'm betting her crimes will be excused by the Media.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurie_Dann

Made the media howl for lots of gun control. The holwing happened again last year during the 25th anniversary of the incident.
And let's not forget Brenda Ann Spencer

One of the reasons I don't like Mondays
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".