Greenpeace crew in 'shock' in Russian jails

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Weetabix

Re: Greenpeace crew in 'shock' in Russian jails

Post by Weetabix »

martini wrote:Frankly, I think Putin might make a better president for the US than Barry.
Be careful there. I think that may be part of Vlad's plan - to appeal to "reason" and nationalist tendencies. I don't trust him.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Weetabix wrote:
martini wrote:Frankly, I think Putin might make a better president for the US than Barry.
Be careful there. I think that may be part of Vlad's plan - to appeal to "reason" and nationalist tendencies. I don't trust him.
I don't trust ANY of them!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
martini

Post by martini »

Weetabix wrote:
I never said I trust Putin. Well, I guess I do trust Putin, but it's more a question of what I trust Putin with. I trust Putin to follow his own self interest and based on his decisions in Russia, I trust that a strong US would be to his advantage and build his power and prestige if he were president. Now obviously that can't happen. What I'm really saying is that I'd trust a greedy bastard in the office rather than a zealot like Barry. At Least the greedy can eventually be satiated.
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

martini wrote:At Least the greedy can eventually be satiated.
For a VERY SHORT time! But I get your meaning. :shock: :shock: :o ;)

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

So, at the end of the day, I have to ask myself if I care that a Greenpeace crew is in a Russian jail.

Not so much. I'm simply wondering why the Russians didn't hang them from the yardarms. Doesn't the Russian Navy have something that would pass for a yardarm?
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

martini wrote:Frankly, I think Putin might make a better president for the US than Barry O.
So you want a competent dictator vs the incompetent one?Image
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

HTRN wrote:
martini wrote:Frankly, I think Putin might make a better president for the US than Barry O.
So you want a competent dictator vs the incompetent one?Image
That's like how people are bitching that Congress can't get anything done while all this arguing and fighting is going on - and I say, THAT'S GREAT, OUTSTANDING EVEN!!! The less they can get done, the less damage they can continue doing to our country!!!

I APPLAUD the Congressional GRIDLOCK (although I want our troops and other govt. employees to get paid, as well as other items which NEED to keep being funded - but start cutting a LOT of the fat off the budget FOR STARTERS)!!!! Shuffle some of the funding around to pay for those items we NEED. Since when did the federal govt take over EDUCATION??? Cut back on the "War on Drugs"!! WHY does the NEA "NEED" to be funded from TAXPAYER'S money??? WHY can't we integrate the BATFE and FBI into ONE agency and slash their combined budgets (ESPECIALLY the BATFE's budget, 'cause I'd just as soon dismantle the ENTIRE organization)???

STOP SUBSIDIZING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!!

Etc., etc., etc...............................

YMMV!!

Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

PawPaw wrote:So, at the end of the day, I have to ask myself if I care that a Greenpeace crew is in a Russian jail.

Not so much. I'm simply wondering why the Russians didn't hang them from the yardarms. Doesn't the Russian Navy have something that would pass for a yardarm?
All I have to say about the plight of Greenpeace is "Toughski Shitski", which is what they say in the Russian Marines.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Mike, the FBI and the BATF haven't married because the FBI considers itself to be Elliot Ness, and they consider the BATF to be Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy