Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller is in the brig

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Weetabix

Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller is in the brig

Post by Weetabix »

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/marine- ... ller-brig/

I'm guessing that his public statements probably did violate some provision of the UCMJ. I'm also guessing there are people here who know vastly more about it than I do.

Any predictions on the outcome of a trial for him?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Re: Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller is in the brig

Post by HTRN »

No doubt he'll be offered a deal to quietly retire, or they charge him with everything they can think of, and make sure it appears before a sympathetic judge...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Command interference will be a big issue for the prosecution with a high profile case like this. He probably gets canned one way or another though.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

He who shall not be named waxes eloquent on the subject of this man
We read where some folks commenting are all doom-and-gloom worried about the future prospects of Lt. Col. Scheller, USMC.

Bitch, please.

As if.

The way you "protect" someone like this, with balls the size of church bells, is hand him a bayonet, and then get out of his way.

The conga line of Alan Dershowitz-level lawyers that will take his case pro bono will take what he said once, in a YouTube vid, and turn it up to 11, straight outta Spinal Tap, and make his original video indictment of The System like the Rodney King beating: on TV, 24/7/365, and the Corps won't be able to shut up fast enough to get both their collective feet out of their mouth. They're about to create their own Billy Mitchell, and they'll never get that genie back into the bottle. It's going to haunt them for a hundred years.
RTWT
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Extra points for the Courtney Massengale reference. I don't know if Once an Eagle is on the Annapolis reading list the way it is (or was) at West Point, but some of the USMC brass behind this stunt probably read it. I hope it makes its way back to them.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Precision

Post by Precision »

I see a dark few months and a strong effort to break his will via semi legal theft of his house, financial and work security attacks on kids / spouse. If he makes it through all of that. He is the new Ollie North.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Precision wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:15 pm I see a dark few months and a strong effort to break his will via semi legal theft of his house, financial and work security attacks on kids / spouse. If he makes it through all of that. He is the new Ollie North.
Wife already left him and took the kids.
g-man

Post by g-man »

And he’s out again, pending court martial:

Daily Mail Article

NB: not so much as a peep in the MSM on this side of the pond, at least not that I’ve seen…
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Fox had something on it....
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Someone might remind him of *the first rule of holes and consider that before he makes statements.

*Stop digging.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story