Jax City Inspector Fines Business For Military Flags And Attacks Wounded Vet

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Jax City Inspector Fines Business For Military Flags And Attacks Wounded Vet

Post by skb12172 »

So far, the whore is on a paid vacation. She needs to be fired. The protests are already organizing.
https://amp.news4jax.com/news/city-insp ... ontroversy
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
tfbncc

Re: Jax City Inspector Fines Business For Military Flags And Attacks Wounded Vet

Post by tfbncc »

Jacksonville is a military town. This is NOT the place to start this kind of war. And the mayor knows this. The city inspector and her supervisor, who was also at the store, have both been suspended pending an internal investigation.

This store is only about 10 miles north of me.
Windy Wilson

Re: Jax City Inspector Fines Business For Military Flags And Attacks Wounded Vet

Post by Windy Wilson »

Suspension? Pounding the pavement looking for gainful employment again seems appropriate, ,but I guess they ARE entitled to the process they are due.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

tfbncc wrote:Jacksonville is a military town. This is NOT the place to start this kind of war. And the mayor knows this. The city inspector and her supervisor, who was also at the store, have both been suspended pending an internal investigation.

I was never stationed in Jacksonville, but in my experience it is the military towns that really don't like the military (except for the money part).
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Vonz90 wrote:
tfbncc wrote:Jacksonville is a military town. This is NOT the place to start this kind of war. And the mayor knows this. The city inspector and her supervisor, who was also at the store, have both been suspended pending an internal investigation.

I was never stationed in Jacksonville, but in my experience it is the military towns that really don't like the military (except for the money part).
I can be a mixed bag - some do, some don't. Watertown, NY (Ft. Drum) doesn't like the Army. Fayetteville, NC does. The greater Seattle-Tacoma area (Naval stations Bremerton-Everett-Whidbey Island, JB Lewis-McChord) has truly mixed feelings - the leftist twits in Seattle proper and Olympia hate the military, while folks other places don't. Hampton Roads, VA (Norfolk-Portsmouth-Oceana, Little Creek, Langley AFB, Ft Eustis) is very pro-military.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Langenator wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:

Hampton Roads, VA (Norfolk-Portsmouth-Oceana, Little Creek, Langley AFB, Ft Eustis) is very pro-military.
That was not my experience when I was stationed there. It was a better immediately after GW1, but rapidly went back to F-em as time went on.
Jered

Post by Jered »

Langenator wrote: I can be a mixed bag - some do, some don't. Watertown, NY (Ft. Drum) doesn't like the Army. Fayetteville, NC does. The greater Seattle-Tacoma area (Naval stations Bremerton-Everett-Whidbey Island, JB Lewis-McChord) has truly mixed feelings - the leftist twits in Seattle proper and Olympia hate the military, while folks other places don't. Hampton Roads, VA (Norfolk-Portsmouth-Oceana, Little Creek, Langley AFB, Ft Eustis) is very pro-military.
But is Tillicum still a shithole?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Jered wrote:
Langenator wrote: I can be a mixed bag - some do, some don't. Watertown, NY (Ft. Drum) doesn't like the Army. Fayetteville, NC does. The greater Seattle-Tacoma area (Naval stations Bremerton-Everett-Whidbey Island, JB Lewis-McChord) has truly mixed feelings - the leftist twits in Seattle proper and Olympia hate the military, while folks other places don't. Hampton Roads, VA (Norfolk-Portsmouth-Oceana, Little Creek, Langley AFB, Ft Eustis) is very pro-military.
But is Tillicum still a shithole?
I assume so, but I haven't been there in over a decade. My in-laws live in Renton, which still boasts the scariest WalMart I've ever set foot in. (I'm still annoyed that the Cabela's in Lacey - one exit from my house on I-5 - opened less than two months after I PCS'ed to Ft Bragg.)
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Jered

Post by Jered »

I haven't been there in probably five years.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Can confirm Tillicum is still a hellhole.

My old boss calls it "Killascum". Apparently, he had thought poorly of some people in the neighborhood.