Can Internet Companies tilt politics to the left?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Can Internet Companies tilt politics to the left?

Post by Vonz90 »

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... e-left.php

I think right here we have hit the nail on the head: "Perhaps the FEC could look into whether these companies’ actions amount to illegal contributions to the Democratic Party and its candidates."
Langenator

Re: Can Internet Companies tilt politics to the left?

Post by Langenator »

If they did that, they'd almost have to look into whether the MSM TV and newspapers do the same.

I've read that the political tilt of the MSM can be worth up to a 10 pt shift in favor of the Dem side. Without the "Democrat operatives with bylines" as Instapundit calls them, the Dems would probably never win a Presidential election, and wouldn't be able to mount a filibuster in the Senate.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I don't remember who said it, but if the media were truly neutral the electorate would be like that in Texas, much more centrist.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Windy Wilson wrote:I don't remember who said it, but if the media were truly neutral the electorate would be like that in Texas, much more centrist.
I know I've seen it on Instapundit, but I don't recall if it was Prof. Reynolds himself or if he was citing someone else.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Apparently Facebook tried, but it didn't work too well. Did you watch Ted Cruz ripping Zuckerberg a new one regarding liberal vs. conservative political posts? Suckerberg even stated that Silicone Valley was a VERY Left-Leaning place (which I seriously doubt surprised ANY of us)!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

308Mike wrote:Apparently Facebook tried, but it didn't work too well. Did you watch Ted Cruz ripping Zuckerberg a new one regarding liberal vs. conservative political posts? Suckerberg even stated that Silicone Valley was a VERY Left-Leaning place (which I seriously doubt surprised ANY of us)!!
I liked how he said they are very sensitive to the issue of bias, and then basically said they aren't doing anything to prevent it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop