Mining Facebook OK for Democrats, but ...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

Mining Facebook OK for Democrats, but ...

Post by D5CAV »

Cambridge Analytica "whistleblower" says he came clean on Facebook because Trump won. If Hillary won, it would have been OK.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03- ... -him-speak

I thought this guy was in prison for shooting up a Colorado movie theater. It looks like he got himself a job as a SJW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Weetabix

Re: Mining Facebook OK for Democrats, but ...

Post by Weetabix »

I thought I read somewhere that FB did lots of data mining and campaigning for Obama. Proudly.

Everything is OK for the dems to do but not for someone else to do.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
g-man

Post by g-man »

Weetabix wrote:I thought I read somewhere that FB did lots of data mining and campaigning for Obama. Proudly.

Everything is OK for the dems to do but not for someone else to do.
No, no, no, that’s okay. Facebook used Facebook data that nobody realized they had been collecting to analyze what their own user base was feeling regarding the 2012 election. And then suppressed the shit out of conservative viewpoints on their platform. They still had control of the surreptitiously collected data, so it’s all okay. They utilized a loophole they had written into their EULA, but didn’t let anybody else see the data. This was badthink because somebody else used their loophole, and facebook got caught with their pants down. Totally different...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
randy

Post by randy »

Ahh. Thanks for clarifying. That is soooo totally different....

(Like the difference between a left boot or a right boot stomping your face)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".