PRC lectures US on gun control and human rights

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
randy

PRC lectures US on gun control and human rights

Post by randy »

H/T to Tam

China can offer lessons to US in protecting human rights
The US will have to adopt gun control in the future. It's better to decide sooner rather than later. Gun ownership in China is strictly regulated, which helps reduce gun-related crimes and deaths. The US should learn from China and genuinely protect human rights. If the US does not control its guns, problems caused by firearms in the foreseeable future will continue plaguing US society.
Proving that no one is so worthless that they can't at least serve as a bad example

My initial response:
To: PRC

F**K Off and Die.

Strong message to follow

My more measured response:
Dear PRC

I see you took notice of the student walkouts yesterday.

You saw thousands of students, making demands on the government, expressing discontent and contempt for senior members of the government, demanding laws be changed to suit their view.

You know what you didn't see?
TSquare Tank.jpg
So, FOAD you Butchering Barbarian Bastards of Beijing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Re: PRC lectures US on gun control and human rights

Post by Netpackrat »

Once again, the forum needs a "like" button, although I don't know if that would be sufficient in the case of Randy's post.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I concur.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Another excellent Post by Randy
(see my sig line for the other).
We can learn a lot from China's actions.
Since 1949, what is their body count? 40 million?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Just look up Chinese Genocide or Mao Genocide and see all the picks of gun control in action.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

So now people can respond to that annoying "why do you need an AR-15?" with China.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Bravo! F*ck the PRC.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

I tend to be data driven (which gets me in trouble in PC circles), so here is the data: https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

Yes. China is number 1, beating Stalin and Hitler by a pretty wide margin. That margin gets even bigger when you add the KMT to the CCP. Chiang Kai-Shek (head of the KMT) was a very close number 4 to Hitler's number 3. I'd argue that if the Germans weren't such good record keepers, and if the Chinese were better, CKS could have actually beat the much-vilified AH. Yeah, China scores Number 1 and Number 4 of 20th century killers. Gold medal and almost makes bronze! Good job! How's that gun control working out?

This is my ultima-ratio (final argument) for those who always end their diatribe against civilian gun ownership with "we must save the children!"

Door number 1 or door number 2. You pick.

When someone is willing to trade the lives of tens of millions of children for dozens of children, then you know their motivation is not really about "the children".
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

randy wrote: My more measured response:
Dear PRC

I see you took notice of the student walkouts yesterday.

You saw thousands of students, making demands on the government, expressing discontent and contempt for senior members of the government, demanding laws be changed to suit their view.

You know what you didn't see?
TSquare Tank.jpg
So, FOAD you Butchering Barbarian Bastards of Beijing
BTW, regarding that famous picture, if you are in PRC, any web search on Tianamen Square (G####E is verboten, so you are stuck with Baidu or Yahoo) will give you tourist pictures of Tianamen Square and links to tourist agencies for travel to Beijing. You will never see that picture in the PRC. Most Chinese under the age of 35 don't even know that incident happened, and are shocked when I show them (we are coming up on the 30th anniversary). Chinese over 50 will quickly change the subject.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe