Time to panic?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Re: Time to panic?

Post by Vonz90 »

Langenator wrote:
g-man wrote: And folks, not to be a grammar nazi, but the correct spelling is 'polls.' Poles hold up tents, or get danced upon by young women with daddy issues.
Occupational hazard of working in the electrical industry. I type "poles" way more than "polls"
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Vonz90 wrote:
Langenator wrote:
g-man wrote: And folks, not to be a grammar nazi, but the correct spelling is 'polls.' Poles hold up tents, or get danced upon by young women with daddy issues.
Occupational hazard of working in the electrical industry. I type "poles" way more than "polls"
One is for oppressing, the other is for suppressing.... :mrgreen:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Greg wrote:Just to add.....

You all here are aware of how the Republican establishment shits on its own base. We gripe about it all the time, but we're used to it and anyway, where are we going to go.
Years ago, when I had a blog (it's still there - Heartless Libertarian - but I haven't posted in years, and I can't get in anymore), I made the observation that the GOP treats gun owners the same way the Democrats treat blacks - by taking them for granted, paying lip service at election time, and largely ignoring them otherwise.

The fact that bills for CCW reciprocity and removing suppressors from the NFA not only were introducing, but actually moved, however slightly, is a least a step forward.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Greg

Post by Greg »

Langenator wrote:

You all here are aware of how the Republican establishment shits on its own base. We gripe about it all the time, but we're used to it and anyway, where are we going to go.
Years ago, when I had a blog (it's still there - Heartless Libertarian - but I haven't posted in years, and I can't get in anymore), I made the observation that the GOP treats gun owners the same way the Democrats treat blacks - by taking them for granted, paying lip service at election time, and largely ignoring them otherwise.

The fact that bills for CCW reciprocity and removing suppressors from the NFA not only were introducing, but actually moved, however slightly, is a least a step forward.
The Dems don't call blacks names in public, to the media. Plus they get free shit.

HOW many ostensible R elected officials have gone to the media to badmouth their own voters in the past year or two?

R voters get treated much, much worse.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote:
Langenator wrote:

The Dems don't call blacks names in public, to the media. Plus they get free shit.

HOW many ostensible R elected officials have gone to the media to badmouth their own voters in the past year or two?

R voters get treated much, much worse.
There are a lot of rewards for nominal GOP'ers (or Dems calling themselves a GOP'er) to badmouth the right to the media. So it happens.

There are at some times and places rewards and advantages for Dems to switch over parties and badmouth the Dems. (Famously Sunny Purdue's switch in Georgia, but others). However, the media does not play that much unless they absolutely cannot ignore it. Even then, it is always treated as a local phenomena and not a national event.

In general, the Dems have better vocal discipline (the media typically helps edit it too). But there are many many cases of the left giving their supposedly core constituencies the back of their hand over and over again. Think union manufacturing jobs / mining; all working class wights, all working class / poor who have to compete with illegal and legal immigrants for jobs (and get their wages suppressed). Etc. Etc.

In the meantime, another datum: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/ ... ania-race/
And of course,