Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so Precise

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
g-man

Re: Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so Precise

Post by g-man »

MarkD wrote:I recall when NYPD transitioned from revolvers to autos the number of shots fired per incident doubled but the number of hits remained the same.
Which would be statistical proof that magazine capacity doesn't matter as it regards lethality in mass shooting incidents, provided by the beancounters of the 'only ones' themselves. But that doesn't fit the narrative, and therefore doesn't warrant publication...

ETA:

I'd be interested to find out if there's a count of the number of rounds that hit the entire RV, as sort of a 'how many shots does it take to hit the broadside of a barn' analog.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
MarkD

Re: Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so Precise

Post by MarkD »

g-man wrote:
MarkD wrote:I recall when NYPD transitioned from revolvers to autos the number of shots fired per incident doubled but the number of hits remained the same.
Which would be statistical proof that magazine capacity doesn't matter as it regards lethality in mass shooting incidents, provided by the beancounters of the 'only ones' themselves. But that doesn't fit the narrative, and therefore doesn't warrant publication...

ETA:

I'd be interested to find out if there's a count of the number of rounds that hit the entire RV, as sort of a 'how many shots does it take to hit the broadside of a barn' analog.
I've mentioned this before but it's always good to repeat.

I knew someone once (HTRN knew him too) who was a transit cop before the transit and housing police were rolled into the NYPD. A couple officers (Leutenant IIRC) were evaluating the new auto pistol to determine if they should replace the current revolvers. (As an aside NYPD regs specified that the revolver MUST be DAO from S&W, Colt or Ruger, fixed sights and chambered in 38 Spl.). These two officers encountered someone on a subway platform who needed shooting, so they did so. At a range of 15 feet they flinched so badly the bullets were hitting the concrete floor, fragmenting, and peppering the perps jeans with bits of copper and lead.

The takaway was that the 9mm was not suitable for Transit use since it couldn't penetrate denim, so they ought to stick with the 38. Umm guys, maybe if you got them there on the fly instead of bouncing them.....