Trump turning on us.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
JKosprey

Re: Trump turning on us.

Post by JKosprey »

So, confession time:

I supported Bernie Sanders this past election (with Gary Johnson as a close 2nd).

I didn't do it because I really LIKED Bernie, or because I necessarily agreed with him on things. I did it because he was at least able to put up a convincing veneer that he was an honest man who genuinely believed in the things he was pushing for.

I didn't see that from Trump or Hillary. Nobody anywhere in the country should be surprised that the lifelong NYC Dem turned Republican for electoral convenience doesn't actually give a shit about gun rights.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Or is it just Trump being Trump, after all?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nra-a ... le/2650506
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

JKosprey wrote:I supported Bernie Sanders this past election..
JKosprey wrote:I really LIKED Bernie,
Uhm....
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

JKosprey wrote:So, confession time:

I supported Bernie Sanders this past election (with Gary Johnson as a close 2nd).

I didn't do it because I really LIKED Bernie, or because I necessarily agreed with him on things. I did it because he was at least able to put up a convincing veneer that he was an honest man who genuinely believed in the things he was pushing for.
He isn't honest; he is delusional. He thinks Venezuela is doing great.
https://youtu.be/-zocMv3OU2c
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) declined to readjust the Senate schedule for a rush to gun control and will instead consider a banking bill this week.
Mitch stands in the gap
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

blackeagle603 wrote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) declined to readjust the Senate schedule for a rush to gun control and will instead consider a banking bill this week.
Mitch stands in the gap
So the Turtle is actually making himself useful. I hope it lasts.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

The best we can say of Trump is that he's not Hillary. What would've happened by now had she won?????
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

skb12172 wrote:
blackeagle603 wrote:
Mitch stands in the gap
So the Turtle is actually making himself useful. I hope it lasts.
He's also the main reason Obama didn't get a 3rd supreme court pick.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

scipioafricanus wrote:

He isn't honest; he is delusional. He thinks Venezuela is doing great.
https://youtu.be/-zocMv3OU2c
He's Trotsky to Hillary's Stalin :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I didn't see that from Trump or Hillary. Nobody anywhere in the country should be surprised that the lifelong NYC Dem turned Republican for electoral convenience doesn't actually give a shit about gun rights.
I salute you! I'm guessing it was a bit hard to post that here without thinking you were going to get some raking over the coals. I can always respect someone for doing something for reasons they've considered, even if I don't agree with the reasons. But that's what makes for interesting discussion.

I have to admit that I didn't like Bernie because I thought he was being honest about believing the things he was pushing for.

I didn't like Trump because I thought a lot of what he'd done in the past meant Trump was solely for Trump. I was voting against Hillary. And I honestly thought she'd win.

But I like a lot of what Trump has done since he got in. I could still square that with Trump doing what's best for Trump, but in the long run rather than the short run. Still not sure what to think of him except that he's miles better than what Hillary would have been.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D