Bank Of Omaha Dumps NRA

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Bank Of Omaha Dumps NRA

Post by skb12172 »

There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Rod

Re: Bank Of Omaha Dumps NRA

Post by Rod »

So did Enterprise. Most corporations know how much business a group like this gets and how much word of mouth gets around. I'm betting they'll have new sponsors shortly. Going to be fun reading the magazines next month though.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

So Enterprise, FNB Omaha, Symantec, and Hertz (so far) have told an organization with seven figures' worth of dues-paying members: "We don't like your kind, and we don't want your business."

Okay, duly noted. Also: popcorn!

Suppose the boards of directors of those outfits had a chance to weigh in before their managers decided to get in on the Virtue Signal Tsunami?
Last edited by MiddleAgedKen on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I had let my membership slide. Renewing now
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

skb12172 wrote:I had let my membership slide. Renewing now
Same here, I think.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Rod

Post by Rod »

Did the term payment for lifetime membership. Wish that exempted one from the constant begging though.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Rod wrote:Did the term payment for lifetime membership. Wish that exempted one from the constant begging though.
If it really bothers you, you can call them up and tell them not to. Other people have done the same, and they are quite receptive to it.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

scipioafricanus wrote:
Rod wrote:Did the term payment for lifetime membership. Wish that exempted one from the constant begging though.
If it really bothers you, you can call them up and tell them not to. Other people have done the same, and they are quite receptive to it.
Worked for me. I get the magazine and occasional postcard and email alerts, and FNRA dinner notifications, nothing else.

I just upgraded my membership from their update website; they are offering discounts.