Deputy On Duty Didn't Engage Shooter

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
randy

Re: Deputy On Duty Didn't Engage Shooter

Post by randy »

skb12172 wrote:That is all possible, Randy, even likely. The Sheriff is still a douchenozzle.
Kevin over at the Smallest Minority raises the question Is Broward County a Smaller Version of Chicago?

Which would also tie in with Rod's post.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

Another good take here addressing that the cop "only" had a handgun against a sooper dooper AR-15 that makes the shooter invincible:

Mass shootings, good guys with guns, and the tactics of war

To me the most important takeaways:

#1: Do not hesitate. As soon as the shooting starts, run towards the sound of gunfire.

#2A. Shoot at that son-of-a-bitch. Shoot at him a lot. Most likely, he will kill himself as soon as rounds start coming his way. A dead shooter is a dead shooter, if the bullet that does it comes from a cop or his own gun, doesn’t matter. END THE FIGHT.

#2B. If he doesn’t kill himself right away, keep fucking shooting at him. The more distracted he is being shot at by police, the less focused he will be on killing innocents. Every second the shooter is taking cover from a cop is a second he is not shooting at kids. A cop carrying a modern double stack 9mm or 40 S&W has roughly 45 rounds on his body. ALL OF THEM should be on their way to the shooter as fast as possible.
I would simply change the words "cop" to "armed citizen" in most cases. I usually have 35-52 rounds on me (depending on carry rig, and thus number of mag pouches), so 45 is in the ball park
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

When the JROTC kids show more heart than the LEOs...
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
scipioafricanus

I also love the irony of the Sheriff Department guarding the house of the coward.
evan price

Post by evan price »

https://steadfastandloyal.com/unreal/tr ... ot-answer/

I hate to spread stuff that hasn't been conceived but somebody else brought it up
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Precision

Post by Precision »

randy wrote:Another good take here addressing that the cop "only" had a handgun against a sooper dooper AR-15 that makes the shooter invincible:

Mass shootings, good guys with guns, and the tactics of war

To me the most important takeaways:

#1: Do not hesitate. As soon as the shooting starts, run towards the sound of gunfire.

#2A. Shoot at that son-of-a-bitch. Shoot at him a lot. Most likely, he will kill himself as soon as rounds start coming his way. A dead shooter is a dead shooter, if the bullet that does it comes from a cop or his own gun, doesn’t matter. END THE FIGHT.

#2B. If he doesn’t kill himself right away, keep fucking shooting at him. The more distracted he is being shot at by police, the less focused he will be on killing innocents. Every second the shooter is taking cover from a cop is a second he is not shooting at kids. A cop carrying a modern double stack 9mm or 40 S&W has roughly 45 rounds on his body. ALL OF THEM should be on their way to the shooter as fast as possible.
I would simply change the words "cop" to "armed citizen" in most cases. I usually have 35-52 rounds on me (depending on carry rig, and thus number of mag pouches), so 45 is in the ball park
Yes, this.

My normal round count on me is 35. And usually another 34 in my bag. Then there is the vehicle gun...

He didn't need to walk in like Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris or Bruce Willis in a movie. Move towards the action and take action when you find the shooter. Even shooting into the ceiling from close by while behind cover would have been better and MIGHT have distracted the shooter / saved some lives.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

scipioafricanus wrote:I also love the irony of the Sheriff Department guarding the house of the coward.
They know if they leave it to the local cops like they did the building entry, it's likely to become an assisted suicide watch rather than a protective detail.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
scipioafricanus

evan price wrote:https://steadfastandloyal.com/unreal/tr ... ot-answer/

I hate to spread stuff that hasn't been conceived but somebody else brought it up
Not really surprised, but hope more people learn about it.
George guy

Post by George guy »

"AR-15s aren't going to protect you from the government"

"Can't blame the cop for being scared of an AR-15"

Pick one.
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »