TN Officer Kicked Out Of Outback Steakhouse For Being Armed While In Uniform

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

TN Officer Kicked Out Of Outback Steakhouse For Being Armed While In Uniform

Post by skb12172 »

Just read the article. You can't fix this level of stupid.
:shock:
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/37420229/un ... ice-weapon
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Gunnuts

Re: TN Officer Kicked Out Of Outback Steakhouse For Being Armed While In Uniform

Post by Gunnuts »

Sounds like they're taking that whole "Australian" theme a little too seriously. :roll:
Netpackrat

Re: TN Officer Kicked Out Of Outback Steakhouse For Being Armed While In Uniform

Post by Netpackrat »

I have to take issue with the article's claim that Outback is a gun free zone. It's never been that way when I've eaten there.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Honestly, it's been so long since I've eaten there that I have no idea. I certainly have no clue as to whether the local one is posted 30.06 or 30.07, since I don't even have any reason to go to the whole shopping center it's in.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

skb12172 wrote:Just read the article. You can't fix this level of stupid.
Good. If joe schmoe citizen can't carry into Outback, then neither should an officer, with the obvious exception of being there in an official capacity. Off duty in uniform? Too bad, you gotta suffer the same shithead rules as the rest of us.

Maybe then the rules will change, when the police unions start screaming bloody murder, but I doubt it.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Kicked out of Outback??? They did him a favor.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Steamforger wrote:Kicked out of Outback??? They did him a favor.
there is that.

I have open carried in the Outback here, or perhaps it was Longhorn's. They are so interchangably bad and certainly weren't my choice of place to eat. I love their steaks so much, I usually order pork.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Steamforger wrote:Kicked out of Outback??? They did him a favor.
The last time i was in an outback, my now highschool age niece was a newborn, and the food was still good.
They opened one local not too long ago, unfortunately its ten years toolate to get a decent meal there..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote:They are so interchangably bad
Longhorn is supposedly the best of the casual chain steakhouses.

Outback went from decent food at a reasonable price, to overpriced garbage shortly after the parent company did an ipo, something lie 7 years ago.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote:
skb12172 wrote:Just read the article. You can't fix this level of stupid.
Good. If joe schmoe citizen can't carry into Outback, then neither should an officer, with the obvious exception of being there in an official capacity. Off duty in uniform? Too bad, you gotta suffer the same shithead rules as the rest of us.

Maybe then the rules will change, when the police unions start screaming bloody murder, but I doubt it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop