Bigger than Watergate?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Cybrludite

Bigger than Watergate?

Post by Cybrludite »

Looks like the Democrats' chickens are coming home to roost. Looks like there is proof that the Fusion GPS file was used to justify a FISA warrant targeting the Trump campaign.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Netpackrat

Re: Bigger than Watergate?

Post by Netpackrat »

Won't matter.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Netpackrat wrote:Won't matter.
Yeah pretty much this. The last administration allowed people to be killed in Mexico to usurp our 2nd Amendment rights... and no one cared.

They are not even going to look at this.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Termite

Post by Termite »

Declassify it, and release everything to both the so-called media, AND online. Including names, party affiliations, etc. Have Drudge and Fox provide links to it.

Then sit back and watch the bugs scurry.......
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Democrats don't care. The media cover for them, and the people are too emotionally driven and free of the ability for rational thought to be able to think about it. The media will distract the people with some other National Enquirer type story.

Republicans are too scared of their own shadows to do anything meaningful.

We haven't been a nation of laws for years, so the corrupt power brokers are increasing the daring of their egregious acts.

We are a nation of a corrupt elite, demagogues, mobs, and a hapless remnant who understand what our society and country should be.

I seem to be pessimistic today.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Much bigger.

And I'm afraid it won't matter. Look at how many people *voted* for Hillary, knowing full well what she is, and just not giving a fuck.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Precision

Post by Precision »

Greg wrote:Much bigger.

And I'm afraid it won't matter. Look at how many people *voted* for Hillary, knowing full well what she is, and just not giving a fuck.

Although it does matter in that it pushes the needle that much closer to a Convention of States or a Lexington and Concord moment.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Who was Seth Rich?
Oh yeah its bigger than watergate.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Precision wrote:
Greg wrote:Much bigger.

Although it does matter in that it pushes the needle that much closer to a Convention of States or a Lexington and Concord moment.
So it's gone from 'Civil War 2.0 is practically inevitable, and you won't enjoy it' to 'Civil War 2.0 is practically inevitable, and you won't enjoy it'. So looked at that way, it doesn't matter.

From a slightly different view, it doesn't matter in the whole sense of 'can wake up the blue half of our population from their toxic fantasy without having to kill them, before their fantasy destroys us all'.

If the only way you can find where it matters is as an additional indication of 'yep, gotta kill 'em', I'd prefer for now to leave it at it doesn't matter. Blind unrealistic Pollyanna optimism, I know, but I'm known for that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

OK, I was getting too pessimistic and argumentative. Never seen that before. :?

There is a good way this does matter. And that is to the conviction and morale of the remaining sane people. Another reminder that opposing the left is the absolutely correct thing to do, that the left has achieved unprecedented (in the US, anyway) heights of corruption and deliberate abuse of government power, and that purging them root and branch and never allowing them access to governmental power isn't extreme or cruel in the least.

Another example of how Trump has been an unexpected complete fucking miracle that we do not really deserve.