State rep run

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Weetabix

Re: State rep run

Post by Weetabix »

First Shirt wrote:Where do we send campaign donations?
I'd kick in, too.

Can Oleg get you in touch with any groups who could support you?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Precision wrote:
I have already started doing that to some extent with a TN local grass roots gun organization. Several people in that group have suggested I run. I already have a few people willing to help with my campaign and a few people who are distinctly against / in fear of my running.

My wife would have been my biggest cheerleader and the best campaign manager ever, but alas.

I may lean on you for some insights if this does get some steam rolling.

I imagine I will learn a lot.
Gun rights and other topic specific groups are great, because they tend to be motivated, but you also need to think about the big group of mushy middle voters (both in the primary and the general, although they are different groups in each).

Be who you are, but think about how what you say will be taken by someone who does not care about your specific issues. Think of it in terms of what would be the worst possible way to take something you are saying. Not even as news, think word of mouth or even "whisper campaign" type stuff.

Also, look at who may be running / who has the seat now. Open seat = great, go for it. Dem = great go for it. Incumbent GOP State Rep - that will be a much tougher sell in the primary and unless they are very damaged goods I would not even bother.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Beware of people from both parties trying to compromise your ethics, promising the Moon only to jerk the promise back at the last moment (Lucy to your Charley Brown).
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Precision

Post by Precision »

Jered wrote:Step 1; Buy a copy of Take Back Your Government by RAH.

Step 2: Memorize it.

Step 3: Profit
I have read about 1/3 so far. Good stuff. Funny BECAUSE it's true.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Name recognition. Get your name published anywhere you can. It doesn't matter if they know who you are, but a name that is recognized goes to the front of the line.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona