Gold Fringed Flag in Courtroom

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Windy Wilson

Re: Gold Fringed Flag in Courtroom

Post by Windy Wilson »

Rich Jordan wrote:I saw people harangued about wearing t-shirts with logos or mottos on them.
So my Nation of Riflemen T shirt might do the trick if I found myself still on a jury after the first round?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Windy Wilson wrote:
Rich Jordan wrote:I saw people harangued about wearing t-shirts with logos or mottos on them.
So my Nation of Riflemen T shirt might do the trick if I found myself still on a jury after the first round?
Or might get you chewed out by a judge. Or maybe told to turn it inside out. Some of them can be major snerts, and since they're mostly "connected" people chosen for the positions, can be pretty darned arrogant.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

It's common wisdom among engineers that you might be called for jury duty, but you'll never be on a jury.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Lawyers and politicians are held in relatively low repute.
when a lawyer and a politician reside in the same person, then it's "Your Honor, Sir".

I remember in a courtroom practice course (another Old War Stories course) when my friend who was an engineer before he went to Law School said that the person pretending to be an engineer expert witness didn't know what he was talking about and so decided against him. The Professor said that was why they try to not have anyone on the jury who work in the same fields as the expert witnesses.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy