Gold Fringed Flag in Courtroom

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

Re: Gold Fringed Flag in Courtroom

Post by Jered »

Johnnyreb wrote:Back in Texas I got called every year for jury duty. There are, or maybe were a lot of class action suits in Jefferson County. I understand Texas was real popular for such lawsuits but I hear there's been some changes since then. I never got picked. But then anywhere I go, where I may be sitting around waiting, I've got a book in my hand. I don't think lawyers want to pick a book reader for a civil trial. They don't really want people who might think things through.
I had a book with pictures of Nazis on the front.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

LOL. Now that's one better.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Based on Windy's comment and multiple stories about lawyers being excused, I wonder if a law school text book would have a similar effect.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jered wrote:
Johnnyreb wrote:Back in Texas I got called every year for jury duty. There are, or maybe were a lot of class action suits in Jefferson County. I understand Texas was real popular for such lawsuits but I hear there's been some changes since then. I never got picked. But then anywhere I go, where I may be sitting around waiting, I've got a book in my hand. I don't think lawyers want to pick a book reader for a civil trial. They don't really want people who might think things through.
Buy a copy of this, and make sure the prosecution sees it, youll get dismissed out of hand. :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Last edited by HTRN on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

HTRN wrote: I had a book with pictures of Nazis on the front.
Buy a copy of this, and make sure the prosecution sees it, youll get dismissed out of hand. :ugeek: :mrgreen:
That book isn't found, but, hehehehe.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Fixed
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Copy of Three Felonies a Day might do it too.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
BDK

Post by BDK »

Traditionally, lawyers were exempt as it was fektbthere was too high a chance of them judging law rather than facts/it was thought they’d carry too much weight inside the jury.

NO ONE will want a law student on a jury. Egads!
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Jered wrote:
Bonus points if it was a coloring book.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Jered

Post by Jered »

No, it was about Michael Wittman.