Fed Fails to Buy Illegal Guns

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
scipioafricanus

Fed Fails to Buy Illegal Guns

Post by scipioafricanus »

HA!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01 ... fires.html
Over the course of the two-and-a-half year investigation, agents tried to buy firearms illegally on the “Surface Web” and the “Dark Web,” generally by sharing their status as “prohibited individuals” or trying to buy across state lines.

But the GAO revealed that their 72 attempts outside of the dark web were all “unsuccessful.”

“Private sellers on Surface Web gun forums and in classified ads were unwilling to sell a firearm to our agents that self-identified as being prohibited from possessing a firearm,” the GAO reported, noting that in their “72 attempts ... 56 sellers refused to complete a transaction once we revealed that either the shipping address was across state lines or that we were prohibited by law from owning firearms.” In the other cases, the investigators' website was frozen or they encountered suspected scammers.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
First Shirt

Re: Fed Fails to By Illegal Guns

Post by First Shirt »

So, does this close the "gunshow loophole" or are they going to find something else to bitch about?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Jered

Post by Jered »

Gun banners always lie.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

So long as there is a gun show anywhere with an exhibitor of firearms not for sale, we’ll hear about the loophole.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Jered

Post by Jered »

The gun banners are not happy about this investigation.
Our view is that it is still absolutely possible to legally purchase guns online. The way that the GAO analysts did it is, they announced to the sellers, ‘Hey I’d like to buy some guns illegally.’ I think the sellers are wise enough to that to decline, so we did not agree with their methodology, but we’ll continue to work on this issue.”
:roll:

WTF did he want the GAO to do?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jered wrote:The gun banners are not happy about this investigation.
Our view is that it is still absolutely possible to legally purchase guns online. The way that the GAO analysts did it is, they announced to the sellers, ‘Hey I’d like to buy some guns illegally.’ I think the sellers are wise enough to that to decline, so we did not agree with their methodology, but we’ll continue to work on this issue.”
:roll:

WTF did he want the GAO to do?
Well sure, it is entirely possible to by guns online between two private parties....because "online" is a means of communication and nothing more. It is also entirely possible for me to call up a friend of mine and buy a rifle from him if he has one to sell. AKA - duh!

If you make it illegal to not go through dealer, this would prevent me from doing it, and make absolutely no difference to the criminals.
First Shirt

Re: Fed Fails to Buy Illegal Guns

Post by First Shirt »

If you make it illegal to not go through a dealer, you've just created a bigger criminal class.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
308Mike

Re: Fed Fails to Buy Illegal Guns

Post by 308Mike »

First Shirt wrote:If you make it illegal to not go through a dealer, you've just created a bigger criminal class.
Welcome to Commiefornia!! :x :x :x
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad