ATF Proposed Rule Re: Bump Stocks

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

ATF Proposed Rule Re: Bump Stocks

Post by Jered »

Blog here

PDF of the Rule here

I read through the PDF. It looks like all they're doing is asking for public comment.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Windy Wilson

Re: ATF Proposed Rule Re: Bump Stocks

Post by Windy Wilson »

That seems to be standard operating procedure.
I doubt they care to hear comments that the agency should be disbanded, but it was pointed out to me today by a lawyer that there is no provision in the Constitution for agencies to be paid out of the general fund.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Rod

Post by Rod »

Next up for ATF? Banning Jerry Miculek's trigger fingers because they turn any firearm touched into an automatic weapon.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

This could get very interesting from a legal perspective. Either ATF opens the NFA transfer registry to add the bump stocks, or they pay compensation. There are too many of the things in circulation to play the Atkins Accelerator game.

The real fun part is that under those conditions, if you put a bumpfire stock on a receiver, can you fit it with other full-auto goodies? Like internal parts? :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Mike OTDP wrote:This could get very interesting from a legal perspective. Either ATF opens the NFA transfer registry to add the bump stocks, or they pay compensation. There are too many of the things in circulation to play the Atkins Accelerator game.

The real fun part is that under those conditions, if you put a bumpfire stock on a receiver, can you fit it with other full-auto goodies? Like internal parts? :D
Figured I wasn't the only one thinking those thoughts.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Mike OTDP wrote:There are too many of the things in circulation to play the Atkins Accelerator game.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

Millions of articles on line about this and yet everyone is too damn lazy to link to the actual comment portal:

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D= ... _0001-0035

Not that I think it matters, since Government is going to Government...