Philly to ban bullet resistant windows in businesses

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

Philly to ban bullet resistant windows in businesses

Post by Jered »

The Philadelphia City Council voted 14-3 on Thursday to pass a bill allowing the city's Department of Licenses and Inspections to ban shop owners from protecting themselves and their employees with bulletproof plexiglass.
It's an indignity.

Fucking retard moonbat losers.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Greg

Re: Philly to ban bullet resistant windows in businesses

Post by Greg »

Makes perfect sense when you stop and ask yourself, "what is her constituency?".
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

I assume they also prevent the owners from carrying?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I think I'd be trying to "guardhouse lawyer" this one to death!

What constitutes "bullet resistant"? If it stops a .22LR? How 'bout a .308 FMJ? Or a .50 BMG? You could push this thing until they would't be allowed to use anything heavier than Saran Wrap! Or nothing lighter than an A-10 windscreen!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

They'd be far better off, at least as far as ameliorating the actual problem(s) that people are supposedly complaining about - bums and other low lifes hanging around the stores, and the knock-on effects that stem from that - if they'd do something about PA's idiotic liquor laws, which are why these stores pretend to be restaurants so they can sell alcohol at late hours and in something smaller than by the case.

I not familiar with PA gun laws, but I don't think they would be able to ban carrying on private property. Unless it's another section of state or local liquor laws.

What's going to happen is a lot of these stores are going to simply shut down, and they won't be replaced, and then the Council will complain about how racist it is that no businesses want to operate in their neighborhood.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

scipioafricanus wrote:I assume they also prevent the owners from carrying?
I am sure that allot of them are already. A check cashier/liquor store I used to do pick ups from in Phoenix had an AK just below the counter, out of sight of customers but easily accessible. When I asked them about it they told me that the glass the had set up could not handgun rounds but not rifle rounds. That way they could shoot back without having to worry about the almost certainly pistol packing bad guy being able to get through the glass.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I can tell who took the time to actually investigate this - all of you are making wild assumptions.

1 it doesn't ban them, it allows Philly to regulate them
2 it has nothing to do with 'racism" and everything to do with businesses operating under a restaurant license when they're nothing of the sort, instead, they're selling booze and drug paraphernalia, which encourages skels to hang around the armored vestibules.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

HTRN wrote:I can tell who took the time to actually investigate this - all of you are making wild assumptions.

1 it doesn't ban them, it allows Philly to regulate them
2 it has nothing to do with 'racism" and everything to do with businesses operating under a restaurant license when they're nothing of the sort, instead, they're selling booze and drug paraphernalia, which encourages skels to hang around the armored vestibules.
"We want to make sure that there isn't this, this sort of indignity, in my opinion, to serving food through a plexiglass only in certain neighborhoods"

Banning the bullet resistant glass was the original intent of the bill.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

For "sit down restaurants", as many of these stores are operating what is in fact a liquor store( serious mono in PA - all liquor sales are done by the state) by using the tax I'd, and liquor sales permit for a restaurant, which attracts every dirtbag in the area.

Don't get me wrong, its a retarded solution to the issue of the " beer deli" problem. Snopes has an excellent article about the whole thing.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

I believe there was a move, a few years ago, to fix PA's retarded beer law, but it was killed thanks to extensive lobbying by the beer wholesalers lobby.

Now, I grew up and came of drinking age in California, where (at the time, no idea what the law is now) you could buy everything from wine coolers to Everclear at your local grocery store. I figured that was normal. 20 years in the Army showed me different.

Back on topic, the problem with this law is that is does nothing to address the actual problem of low lifes hanging out near places that sell booze and thinly disguised drug paraphernalia, other than make increase the opportunity for those same low lifes to commit crimes while making it more dangerous for the people who operate those stores.

And it's all guisied up in truly stupid social justice rhetoric.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus