Justice?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

Justice?

Post by D5CAV »

Recent rulings have left me scratching my head.

1. Mexican "tourist" on an "undocumented visit" shoots and kills white woman with LEO pistol that he "found" - no charges (covered in another thread)

2. LEO shoots and kills white man who has done nothing that even warrants arrest - no charges (covered in another thread)

3. Black woman participates in kidnapping and torture of white man - sentenced to 200 hours of community service http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-0 ... nced-commu

4. White man vandalizes a mosque and leaves bacon at the scene - sentenced to 15 years in prison http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/08/fl ... tence.html

WTF?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MarkD

Re: Justice?

Post by MarkD »

Sing with me: one of these things is not like others....
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

The Crazy Years show no sign of abating anytime soon. Never forget that Heinlein was an optimist.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

FWIW, that piece of shit cop was charged, but the police investigated the police and found the police did nothing wrong. The "Youre Fucked" dustcover was thrown out and not considered by the jury. The video was gagged until the trial was over so public opinion would be minimized. The judge constricted the eveidence to a point where a jury, per instructions to ignore certain facts, really could only come to one conclusion. The civil case may be another matter entirely. I sincerely hope that guy owes pretty much every dollar he'll ever make to the murder victims family before he finally just gives up and takes the only honorable recourse he has left.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Steamforger wrote:FWIW, that piece of shit cop was charged, but the police investigated the police and found the police did nothing wrong. The "Youre Fucked" dustcover was thrown out and not considered by the jury. The video was gagged until the trial was over so public opinion would be minimized. The judge constricted the eveidence to a point where a jury, per instructions to ignore certain facts, really could only come to one conclusion. The civil case may be another matter entirely. I sincerely hope that guy owes pretty much every dollar he'll ever make to the murder victims family before he finally just gives up and takes the only honorable recourse he has left.
When I saw that he had that poor drunk soul crawl toward him... was he too lazy to go cuff him and drag him out, like what they are trained to do?

Good thing the left only wanted these people to have AR's.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

scipioafricanus wrote:
Steamforger wrote:FWIW, that piece of shit cop was charged, but the police investigated the police and found the police did nothing wrong. The "Youre Fucked" dustcover was thrown out and not considered by the jury. The video was gagged until the trial was over so public opinion would be minimized. The judge constricted the eveidence to a point where a jury, per instructions to ignore certain facts, really could only come to one conclusion. The civil case may be another matter entirely. I sincerely hope that guy owes pretty much every dollar he'll ever make to the murder victims family before he finally just gives up and takes the only honorable recourse he has left.
When I saw that he had that poor drunk soul crawl toward him... was he too lazy to go cuff him and drag him out, like what they are trained to do?

Good thing the left only wanted these people to have AR's.
I read somewhere that the Feds are looking for at a civil rights charge against him. I hope so. Stupid should hurt, end evil-stupid should hurt more.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

scipioafricanus wrote:... was he too lazy to go cuff him and drag him out, like what they are trained to do?
I don't think he was being lazy. I honestly think this guy just wanted to punch a ticket. Some of these "Twister" hijinks are appropriate to felony traffic stops. There were a lot of commands from those that were audible in the video. Interlace your fingers, and cross your ankles specifically. They even got that wrong, though. What's this crawl to me stuff? Even on a felony traffic stop, once the suspect has done all the twister moves, an officer approaches and cuffs while the other covers. There was nothing in that video that made me even remotely believe they couldn't control the suspect and do so without murdering him or beating him into a coma. I've been to many calls about a person brandishing a gun, where there was an actual gun involved mind you, and none of them ended even remotely like this.

All I can see this as is sanctioned murder covered by experienced report writing, the dismissal and suppression of key evidence, and sloppy prosecution.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Steamforger wrote:

(snip)

All I can see this as is sanctioned murder covered by experienced report writing, the dismissal and suppression of key evidence, and sloppy prosecution.
The sloppy prosecution isn't surprising, DAs don't like to go after cops. It pisses off the other cops, who start mishandling evidence, and the conviction rate (which is how DAs measure their ability) goes in the toilet. Better to throw one cop prosecution and keep the in the good graces of the rest of the thin blue line.
BDK

Post by BDK »

The judge was right to exclude the dust cover. It’s prejudicial and irrelevant.

The CA case was bad lawyering on the part of the prosecution/maybe over-charging.
BDK

Post by BDK »

The mosque fellow was a repeat customer and got hit with sentencing enhancements.

The sociopath in Chicago... I don’t know. She needs to be a hole and never let out.