Ron Johnson is an idiot

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Ron Johnson is an idiot

Post by Vonz90 »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-1 ... d-tax-bill

Pass through corporations don't pay taxes, they are already preferred. Regular corporate entities pay twice, once at a corporate level and again as dividends.
Windy Wilson

Re: Ron Johnson is an idiot

Post by Windy Wilson »

Also LLC's are taxed like Partnerships, which is to say they are taxed once the earnings are passed to the members.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

He is the same goof that let Hillary walk all over him when she testified in front of Congress.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Well it looks like he voted yes to get it out of committee and is signaling that he will vote yes (although he has not said that yet).

Frigging idiot.

Just for reference, I do not think it is a perfect bill, but the corporate tax reduction is extremely important and I would rather they do that and not cut my taxes at all (which they are not cutting much anyway).
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Yeah, would love to get back to Bush era tax rate but a) just getting corp tax rates down and b) getting repatriation tax window opened up for the Billions being held offshore will be huge, YUGE for the economy.

Seeing the death tax bar moved up is a good thing. Seeing death of AMT is a good thing too. I occasionally get a hit being in such a high income tax state and with the occasional bonus stock type thing that can't be timed out gracefully.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/us/p ... taxes.html

Yes, McCain is an idiot too.
He goes well beyond 'idiot'.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Asshole needs to just croak already.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:Asshole needs to just croak already.
He seems to exist for the sole purpose of preventing his constituents from getting what they want.

And they love that shit. They eat it with a spoon.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:Asshole needs to just croak already.
He seems to exist for the sole purpose of preventing his constituents from getting what they want.

And they love that shit. They eat it with a spoon.
He is still an idiot, but at least it looks like he supporting the tax bill. So, blind squirrel finds a nut (is a nut?)

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/30/mccain- ... ssage.html