Puerto Rico Moves to Cancel Whitefish Contract

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

Puerto Rico Moves to Cancel Whitefish Contract

Post by Jered »

“Of those (contractors) who met the requirements and aggressive schedules to bring brigades, one was asking for a substantial amount of money - which PREPA had no liquidity for - and another did not require it,” Rossello said. “That other one is Whitefish.”
They had one company that didn't want money up front.

That was Whitefish. The other company that met their requirements wanted $25 million upfront Puerto Rico doesn't have that.

But now, they're canceling the contract.

Seems to me that backing out of a deal will make it harder for them to get a contractor to rebuild because anyone else will want the money upfront to avoid this.

They're on the hook for $10 million to Whitefish, too.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Johnnyreb

Re: Puerto Rico Moves to Cancel Whitefish Contract

Post by Johnnyreb »

I read a story the other day about the Corps of Engineers was supposed to get the power grid back up in 45 days, but at 35 days had made little progress and only 30% of Puerto Rico had power 6 weeks after the hurricane. And the Corps of Engineers was reported as saying progress has been hard due to lack of cooperation at the local level.

Well, they voted for many years for Democrats of little proven worth to be their leaders. Now they're paying for it just like New Orleans did.

This is like Venezuela. I can feel sympathy for their problems, but I don't feel pity. They have what they voted for.
scipioafricanus

Re: Puerto Rico Moves to Cancel Whitefish Contract

Post by scipioafricanus »

Johnnyreb wrote:I read a story the other day about the Corps of Engineers was supposed to get the power grid back up in 45 days, but at 35 days had made little progress and only 30% of Puerto Rico had power 6 weeks after the hurricane. And the Corps of Engineers was reported as saying progress has been hard due to lack of cooperation at the local level.

Well, they voted for many years for Democrats of little proven worth to be their leaders. Now they're paying for it just like New Orleans did.

This is like Venezuela. I can feel sympathy for their problems, but I don't feel pity. They have what they voted for.
And of course they blame Trump. At least he calls them out on it, unlike Bush who history, wrongly, blames him for it.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka