MoveOn is seems to be running out of money

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

MoveOn is seems to be running out of money

Post by Jered »

Dear MoveOn member,

In my three years, four months, and 10 days as MoveOn's chief financial officer, I've only emailed you a few times.

As the "numbers guy," I oversee MoveOn's finances and operations, but I'm writing to you now because I have a decision to make as I get ready to close out MoveOn's financial accounts for this quarter. And I need your help.

I'll get straight to it: For the first time in the Trump era, MoveOn is falling behind. We're coming up short this month by about $250,000, and I've cleared my desk to help my fundraising colleagues close the gap before the end of the month.
I got this in an email from them.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Langenator

Re: MoveOn is seems to be running out of money

Post by Langenator »

Obama's Organizing for America group is probably siphoning off a good chunk of the donations.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Do you really think they would ever send out an email saying, "All Good, don't need any money"?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jered

Post by Jered »

scipioafricanus wrote:Do you really think they would ever send out an email saying, "All Good, don't need any money"?
Probably not.

But, the DNC is several million in the hole, too.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

And yet, they claim to have the pulse and interest of the people.............. LOL!!! :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

308Mike wrote:And yet, they claim to have the pulse and interest of the people.............. LOL!!! :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The pulse and interest, but not the cash!
Of course we'll know if they are running out of money if they start to act like the organization formerly known as Handgun Control, Inc.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy