Woman Shoots Homeless Man

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat

Re: Woman Shoots Homeless Man

Post by Netpackrat »

BDK wrote:B) The deceased had several prior arrests for assaulting women, so her fear that he was a threat, seems justified.
Funny how that gets left out of the narrative.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

skb12172 wrote:What she is driving is irrelevant.
To be fair, have you ever met a woman who drives an exotic import? More often than not, they're not exactly the most endearing of people..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote:
skb12172 wrote:What she is driving is irrelevant.
To be fair, have you ever met a woman who drives an exotic import? More often than not, they're not exactly the most endearing of people..
I live with one and find her quite endearing.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

There are exceptions to every rule, and i used the phrase "less than endearing" as its somewhat nicer than "raging bitch" :mrgreen: Still as a generalization it does hold up, just like you can assume what a young pretty woman who drives a non pink corvette does for a living.. ;)
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

A Porsche isn't all that exotic.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat wrote:A Porsche isn't all that exotic.
True, and my wife drives a BMW which is even less so, but I was taking him to mean exotic in the sense of "fancy" or so.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Compared to a Toyota or Honda?

Greg

Post by Greg »

It rather depends on where you are.

In certain towns in NJ it's a lovely accessible first car for young enthusiastic high school age drivers. Other places not so much.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:
True, and my wife drives a BMW which is even less so, but I was taking him to mean exotic in the sense of "fancy" or so.
Out of the ordinary, or unusually expensive, or both.

In certain areas a 3 series is what poor penny-pinching working stiffs have to make do with. Practically a hardship car. For secretaries, and teenagers in less well off families.

Yeah part of my old town in NJ was like that. It amused me.

In other areas a BMW, any BMW, is fairly exotic.

There are some very well to do suburbs around Nashville, but the area as a whole didn't strike me as being particularly upscale when I was there.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

In certain areas a 3 series is what poor penny-pinching working stiffs have to make do with. Practically a hardship car. For secretaries, and teenagers in less well off families.
B_asic
M_arin (County)
W_heels
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story