NICS System for Voting?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
scipioafricanus

NICS System for Voting?

Post by scipioafricanus »

Sure, why not?!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html
Republicans worry about vote fraud. Democrats claim that Republicans are just imagining things. But in testimony Tuesday before the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, I will suggest a simple solution that could make both parties happy: Apply the background check system for gun purchases to voting.

Democrats have long lauded background checks on gun purchases as simple, accurate and in complete harmony with the Second Amendment right to own guns. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., has bragged that the checks “make our communities and neighborhoods safer without in any way abridging rights or threatening a legitimate part of the American heritage.”
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jered

Re: NICS System for Voting?

Post by Jered »

That's actually a good idea.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Sounds like tat for tits to me. :D
Rich

Post by Rich »

Dunno. If you voted against the guy (or gal) who won, their political police could drop by and ask if you voted or not, and for who. And now they have a paper trail to get them started,
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Rich wrote:Dunno. If you voted against the guy (or gal) who won, their political police could drop by and ask if you voted or not, and for who. And now they have a paper trail to get them started,
They already record if you are registered, to which party and whether or not you voted. The question is would it be centralized or not. I see no reason not to. It would need to be it's own system though.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

That's all well and good, but let's really fuck with them.... The libs think that applying for a driver's license should automatically register one to vote. Howabout the same should be true of getting a CCW permit? After all, CCW holders are already screened to weed out felons, etc, so why should we have to submit yet another application to register to vote? Just show up at the polling place on election day and plunk down your CCW card. :lol:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I normally use my CCW permit for ID when I go vote, anyway. It's a state-issued photo ID, right?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom