NOrks go hydrogen

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Precision

NOrks go hydrogen

Post by Precision »

Does the Norks "alleged" successful detonation of an H bomb change things?

If it does, does it mean we amp up the political pressure on China

or

Does it mean we send in assassination teams to take out tech player

or

Does it mean we insure Kim jong fatboy has a major accident while shaving with a Harm missile?

or

Does it mean nothing at all?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Re: NOrks go hydrogen

Post by randy »

It means they could cause more damage if they were stupid enough to actually launch at a US target (and hit it), but the quantitative difference between that and a standard fission weapon doesn't really change the equation. A WMD attack is a WMD attack, and US doctrine hasn't changed on our response for over 50 years.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

And not to be pedantic or anything ;) but unless dickwad is stupid enough to be standing under a RADAR dish, it wouldn't be a HARM (High speed Anti-Radiation Missile) :ugeek:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote:Does the Norks "alleged" successful detonation of an H bomb change things?
Building a physics package is not as difficult as you would think, its delivery and fissionable refinement thats the real challenge.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I could use a deployment and the OT....
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I doubt anything he sends up in the general direction of our interests will reach its destination, and I suspect things may go badly for him afterward.

Yet another reason why elections have consequences, I can't imagine Shrillary taking a hard line on NK, it's not like they were planning on testifying against her you know.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

What is the one thing all despots want? To remain in power.

He knows if he throws a nuke at Japan or Guam, he won't be in power for much longer.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

rightisright wrote:What is the one thing all despots want? To remain in power.
He knows if he throws a nuke at Japan or Guam, he won't be in power for much longer.
He should know that. And his senior officers should know that. Whether he, and they, do, is a whole 'nother ballgame. Some people won't acknowledge reality, even when it's biting them on the ass.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

First Shirt wrote:
rightisright wrote:What is the one thing all despots want? To remain in power.
He should know that. And his senior officers should know that. Whether he, and they, do, is a whole 'nother ballgame. Some people won't acknowledge reality, even when it's biting them on the ass.
Yup, he's a third generation insane despot. He may even believe his own propaganda enough that he thinks he'll WIN if he starts something.

OTOH, if he lobs something in the direction of Guam, let alone the West Coast, that would give us all the excuse we need to make sure there won't be a fourth generation insane despot. With or without collateral damage, sucks if you happen to live in the NK Capital (too lazy to look up the spelling).
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

MarkD wrote:Yup, he's a third generation insane despot.
You know what they say about family businesses: "Shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations."
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!