Red Handed

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat

Red Handed

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
skb12172

Re: Red Handed

Post by skb12172 »

Didn't they say this type of fraud never happens? :roll:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

Only 100 days? For cheating in an election it should have been 20 with no parole. Personally I've thought for years that cheating in an election should be a treason charge.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Johnnyreb wrote:Only 100 days? For cheating in an election it should have been 20 with no parole. Personally I've thought for years that cheating in an election should be a treason charge.
At the very least it should be a civil rights charge.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
BDK

Post by BDK »

That's an interesting concept... I suppose it might get to depravation of civil rights under color of law...

Of course, I also think (illicit) dealers of fentanyl should be tried under depraved heart murder...
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

Franklin is famous for saying we have a Republic, if we can keep it. When people are cheating on our elections, we're not keeping it are we?

That's why I favor election fraud as treason. You can't expect your govt. to work like it should, within the rules laid down in the Constitution, when people are cheating their way into office and power. And when even if they are caught, the punishment is just a slap on the wrist. Just like I think a judge that takes a bribe should hang, or a police officer using his badge to steal or move drugs. They have betrayed their oaths and their country.

And when these Dems cheat with their false registrations and their campaign workers registered in half the states in the country and their storage spaces full of pre-voted ballots. When they choose to cheat their way to power, they are betraying our country and trying to overthrow our Constitution and hether they win the election or not they are not paying a price for this crap. Over and over again, nothing much happens to them for it, which has only taught them to keep doing it more. Like those antifa people that can attack people in the streets, confident that the police have been ordered by a democrat mayor to stay out of it.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

As Heinlein stated the vote is naked violent power.
You're choosing the policies and people to wield the sword of state. Fraud like this should be a larger crime than an NFA violation at least. After all vote fraude is illegally using or attempting t use all the guns of the state for your goals unkawfully.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

At the minimum, it should be a felony with a lifetime bar on voting and you should also be treated like a sex offender, and not allowed to live within a certain distance of a polling place, required to register with local law enforcement, and the local government should send your picture out to everyone that lives in your neighborhood.

...if only there was some way for the federal government to maintain a list of ineligible voters and supply it to various state and county election departments around the nation, and require them to purge their voter rolls starting 30 days before the election starts.
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.
Does this mean that the federal government is obligated to act if people attempt to subvert the republican form of governments in states?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

Jered wrote:At the minimum, it should be a felony with a lifetime bar on voting and you should also be treated like a sex offender, and not allowed to live within a certain distance of a polling place, required to register with local law enforcement, and the local government should send your picture out to everyone that lives in your neighborhood.

...if only there was some way for the federal government to maintain a list of ineligible voters and supply it to various state and county election departments around the nation, and require them to purge their voter rolls starting 30 days before the election starts.
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.
Does this mean that the federal government is obligated to act if people attempt to subvert the republican form of governments in states?
While I like the concept, around here polling places change every election (including bond elections that come whenever they think they can slip one in). While living in the same house, I've voted in four different schools, an under used mall, an empty storefront in a small plaza, and a couple of other places I can't clearly remember. Sometimes the polling place is chosen just a couple of weeks before the election. It would be, at best, very difficult to enforce.
Jered

Post by Jered »

kapikui wrote: While I like the concept, around here polling places change every election (including bond elections that come whenever they think they can slip one in). While living in the same house, I've voted in four different schools, an under used mall, an empty storefront in a small plaza, and a couple of other places I can't clearly remember. Sometimes the polling place is chosen just a couple of weeks before the election. It would be, at best, very difficult to enforce.
That's why there are lots of wide open spaces in Alaska.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.