Ivy League Conference Wants Whiteness Out Of Schools

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Ivy League Conference Wants Whiteness Out Of Schools

Post by skb12172 »

There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Weetabix

Re: Ivy League Conference Wants Whiteness Out Of Schools

Post by Weetabix »

Let's take this argument at face value, and find out where it goes.

The website says they want "integrated" schools. I'm not sure what they mean by that. I'd think "integrated" would be that you treat all students the same way - same behavioral expectations, same performance expectations. Shouldn't that mean they'd not pick on any one group based on skin color? Apparently not.

I'd also think that "integrated" would mean you would teach about important skills and historical accomplishments without regard to skin color. But it sounds from the curriculum listed at the website linked in the article that it's all about skin color. One point:
Frame diverse schools as the most desirable schools for the 21st century
Didn't Martin Luther King say,
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
Character is now out the window, and Martin Luther King, by not saying, "my children should be given special allowances based on the color of their skin" is by current definitions a racist.

When will the SJW's start demanding that all the MLK Boulevards be renamed because he's a racist?

None of this makes any sense.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

It's not supposed to make sense, if it does, you've done it wrong, according to them.

As The Darlin' Daughter has pointed out, we have reached a point in this country where common sense should be considered a superpower.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

First Shirt wrote:As The Darlin' Daughter has pointed out, we have reached a point in this country where common sense should be considered a superpower.
Or the mark of a heretic that must be destroyed at all costs.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

But if Rachel Dolezal can identify as black, their whole system of M&M diversity collapses under the weight of its stupidity. With gender and race mere social constructs, how do university departments of diversity and affirmative action continue to exist? Or is this latest foray into cloud-kookoo land a last effort to save their phoney baloney jobs?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Well, I cannot say I am a fan of this line of thought.

But on the other hand I have done my part get "whiteness" out of the schools. At least as defined by skin color. Of course that does not stop Lefties from calling my kids racists.