The Horror

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Rich

Re: The Horror

Post by Rich »

Didn't Amazon buy Whole Foods?
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:Like Whole Foods pricey, because people pay extra for, dare I say it, artisanal produce.
Funny thing, i finally stopped in a Whole foods a coupla weeks ago, because i wanted to tour the rooftop urban farm they had, and while prices were higher than say shoprite, i didnt think they much higher than some of the other pricier local grocery chains like trader joes or stop and shop. :|

Still nowhere what he charges, and apparently gets
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote:Like Whole Foods pricey, because people pay extra for, dare I say it, artisanal produce.
Funny thing, i finally stopped in a Whole foods a coupla weeks ago, because i wanted to tour the rooftop urban farm they had, and while prices were higher than say shoprite, i didnt think they much higher than some of the other pricier local grocery chains like trader joes or stop and shop. :|

Still nowhere what he charges, and apparently gets
Well we can probably figure that out. So, produce that's higher quality and much more exclusive than what the peasants get at Whole Foods..... With an angle like that, find the right customers and you can print your own money.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
BDK

Post by BDK »

WalMart has the same standards for produce as Whole Foods

Most of your higher ends restaurants, if they are in an area for it, are working with local farmers/produce suppliers.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

There's a reason they call it "Whole Paycheck."

It's going to be interesting to see what Amazon has in mind and how it plays out. Getting popcorn.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story