Seattle Councilman: Cleaning Sh*t Off Sidewalk Is Racist!

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172
Good Christ I Need A Life

Seattle Councilman: Cleaning Sh*t Off Sidewalk Is Racist!

Postby skb12172 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Just when you think these people can't get any more insane.
:roll:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/12/seatt ... is-racist/
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.

randy

Re: Seattle Councilman: Cleaning Sh*t Off Sidewalk Is Racist!

Postby randy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:42 pm

So I guess the Seattle FD shouldn't put out house fires because fire hoses were used against demonstrators down south in the 60's?

On the good side, race relations there must be pretty good if they have to dig this deep to cry RACISM!11!! to keep them on the front page and the perpetual grievance machine stoked.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

MiddleAgedKen
On a list somewhere

Postby MiddleAgedKen » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:26 am

Gotta draw attention away from the ongoing debacle that is their minimum wage law.
Watergate didn't have a body count.

Jered

Postby Jered » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:33 am

MiddleAgedKen wrote:Gotta draw attention away from the ongoing debacle that is their minimum wage law.

Or the illegal income tax that they're trying to pass. :roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Showed this to my wife, who's from the area. She had no visible reaction, just looked at me and said 'ok'.

Seems this is not in any way unusual or surprising to anyone who's been paying attention. I've already mentioned how, the last time we were in Seattle it reminded me of the when I was growing up in NYC in the 70's and 80's. That's not a good thing.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

Jered

Postby Jered » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:08 am

Seattle is a shithole that drags the rest of Washington to the left.

w/o King County:

Hitlery: 1024396

Trump: 1005408

This still has Hitlery ahead, but, only by about 19,000 votes. If Trump could have changed the minds of an average of 500 voters in 38 counties, he could have flipped the state. Ohio is considered a swing state, and Trump won there by hundreds of thousands of votes.

w/o King and Snohomish County:

Hitlery: 839,169

Trump: 877,153

w/o King and Pierce County:

Hitlery: 851, 858

Trump: 858,584

If you get rid of King County and Pierce, Snohomish, or Thurston, Trump wins Washington State.

Langenator
Loose Cannon

Postby Langenator » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:13 pm

If you apply that formula - remove the largest one or two urban (and thus massively Democrat) counties, and the GOP candidate probably wins the state.

Take away Multnomah county, or Cook county, or the Beltway part of Virginia and the Dems no longer own those states.

CA, NY, NJ, and the Acela Corridor states in New England I don't think would be competitive, even then.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus

Jered

Postby Jered » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:54 am

Langenator wrote:If you apply that formula - remove the largest one or two urban (and thus massively Democrat) counties, and the GOP candidate probably wins the state.

Well, it is easier to stuff ballot boxes in big cities.

...yeah, I'm still not over the 2004 gubernatorial election in Washington.

HTRN
Probably Unemployed

Postby HTRN » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:35 am

Langenator wrote:If you apply that formula - remove the largest one or two urban (and thus massively Democrat) counties, and the GOP candidate probably wins the state.

This is pretty much true of every state take a look at the 2016 pres race in Pennsylvania the counties that went "blue" have Harrisburg, Pittsburgh Scranton and in the case of Philadelphia also the surrounding suburbs. Ive long believed that its fairly easy to predict which way a given area votes, depends o population density.
EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:52 am

HTRN wrote:

This is pretty much true of every state take a look at the 2016 pres race in Pennsylvania the counties that went "blue" have Harrisburg, Pittsburgh Scranton and in the case of Philadelphia also the surrounding suburbs. Ive long believed that its fairly easy to predict which way a given area votes, depends o population density.

Ah, Philthadelphia.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

Rich
On a list somewhere

Postby Rich » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:30 pm

HTRN wrote:

Which harks me back to that old rat experiment about the density of the rat population and the more bizarre the rat behavior. 8-)
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964

Vonz90
Active Shooter

Postby Vonz90 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Rich wrote:
HTRN wrote:

Which harks me back to that old rat experiment about the density of the rat population and the more bizarre the rat behavior. 8-)

Which further explains why the Dem's fight to impose land use restrictions which drive up population density in urban areas, economically forces the working class into enclaves, etc. One of the main focuses of the communists has always been to push people into apartments rather than homes that they own. Make them dependent and concentrate them where they are easily controlled.

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Rich wrote:Which harks me back to that old rat experiment about the density of the rat population and the more bizarre the rat behavior. 8-)

I had to look that one up. Behavioral Sink. Hard not to draw comparisons, eh?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

randy

Postby randy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm

As a result of my time in the military and living all over the place, I determined that the average IQ of an area was inversely proportional to population density and proximity to sea water. Having lived in Hawaii, Baltimore, and spending significant time in the LA and SF areas have done nothing to dissuade me from this formulation.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

MarkD
Active Shooter

Postby MarkD » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:46 pm

I propose that the illustrious Councilman then take it upon himself to clear the piss and shit off the sidewalks in a non-racially-insensitive manner (no hoses allowed of course). Perhaps a shovel and mop? Or would the Councilman prefer a spoon?

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:00 pm

MarkD wrote:I propose that the illustrious Councilman then take it upon himself to clear the piss and shit off the sidewalks in a non-racially-insensitive manner (no hoses allowed of course). Perhaps a shovel and mop? Or would the Councilman prefer a spoon?

His toothbrush.

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 am

randy wrote:As a result of my time in the military and living all over the place, I determined that the average IQ of an area was inversely proportional to population density and proximity to sea water. Having lived in Hawaii, Baltimore, and spending significant time in the LA and SF areas have done nothing to dissuade me from this formulation.

Lotta truth to this one!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

HTRN
Probably Unemployed

Postby HTRN » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 am

randy wrote:As a result of my time in the military and living all over the place, I determined that the average IQ of an area was inversely proportional to population density and proximity to sea water.

Manhattan is an island on the New York bay, with the highest population density in the US - just under 67 thousand people per square mile. :shock: By your reasoning, it should be entirely populated with the likes of Forrest Gump. :mrgreen:

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:07 am

HTRN wrote:
randy wrote:As a result of my time in the military and living all over the place, I determined that the average IQ of an area was inversely proportional to population density and proximity to sea water.

Manhattan is an island on the New York bay, with the highest population density in the US - just under 67 thousand people per square mile. :shock: By your reasoning, it should be entirely populated with the likes of Forrest Gump. :mrgreen:

That's being very harsh on Forrest. He had character and integrity.

Change 'average IQ' to 'common sense', 'rarity of crippling neuroses' ,'lack of batshit crazy', etc etc

Rich
On a list somewhere

Postby Rich » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:39 pm

HTRN wrote:

HTRN, doesn't your sig kinda prove the point? :D
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:45 pm

I know the caveats between animal and human behavior, but the Behavioral Sink results were thought provoking (my emphases):
Many [female rats] were unable to carry pregnancy to full term or to survive delivery of their litters if they did. An even greater number, after successfully giving birth, fell short in their maternal functions. Among the males the behavior disturbances ranged from sexual deviation to cannibalism and from frenetic overactivity to a pathological withdrawal from which individuals would emerge to eat, drink and move about only when other members of the community were asleep. The social organization of the animals showed equal disruption.

Substitute "abortion" for carrying pregnancy to term and "killin' each other over the weekend" for cannibalism, and you have a good description of Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, NYC, etc. Probably could include Seattle, Portland, and areas of LA, too.

HTRN
Probably Unemployed

Postby HTRN » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Rich wrote:
HTRN wrote:

HTRN, doesn't your sig kinda prove the point? :D

I have a inability to abide by social norms. Not brain damage. :mrgreen:

Langenator
Loose Cannon

Postby Langenator » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:38 am

randy wrote:As a result of my time in the military and living all over the place, I determined that the average IQ of an area was inversely proportional to population density and proximity to sea water. Having lived in Hawaii, Baltimore, and spending significant time in the LA and SF areas have done nothing to dissuade me from this formulation.

That doesn't account for Austin, San Antonio, or Sacramento. Or Chicago, if you want to get technical about it, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus

randy

Postby randy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:51 am

Langenator wrote:

That doesn't account for Austin, San Antonio, or Sacramento. Or Chicago, if you want to get technical about it, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Well it's all relative, and this wasn't meant to be a scientific predictive formula, simply a statement of observed trends.

For instance having lived in San Antonio and Sacramento, I consider them MUCH more livable than any of the coastal cities I mentioned. San Antonio and Austin are both in Texas, which gives them a boost because if nothing else that it's easy to get away from them to saner areas than other places. (I PCSed from Mather in Sacramento to Kelly in Texas, by way of Goodbuddy Airplane Patch in San Angelo. It was a vast improvement! In food and shooting opportunities if nothing else). Honolulu? 5 freaking' hours minimum in a Greyhound with wings to end up in...LA.

I consider Chicago an interesting place to visit with friends that live in the area. (and growing up in Iowa in the 70's, listening to WLS, later watching WGN, and having half my dorm floor in college from Chicago Land, at least the place names are familiar). Live there myself? NFW!!!

If I never see the land of Aloha, La La land or Baltimore Hon! again it'll be too damned soon.

Also keep in mind that it's been 20-30 years since I've been in some of those places, so there may have been a convergence. YMMV yadda yadda yadda

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:03 pm

HTRN wrote:I have a inability to abide by social norms.

I have that, too. It irritates my wife and horrifies my kids.

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Weetabix wrote:
HTRN wrote:I have a inability to abide by social norms.

I have that, too. It irritates my wife and horrifies my kids.

Having met you.... ;) that's not exactly how I would describe you.

You're seemingly just excellent with, well, most norms. Presumably the ones you consider to serve some useful purpose.

I have to assume it's the other ones, the ones that you judge to be either totally useless or just temporarily not relevant (:lol:) that you reject/ignore. And it's situational.

Because I'm the exact same way.

Reminds me of a guy I knew in college. In style he was full on punk, spiky blue mohawk, leather, spikes, boots, etc. If he thought you were abusing his friends in any way, he'd fight you in an instant with a casual disregard for his own safety. In every other way, he was the sweetest, most polite, even gentlest person you'd ever meet. Very consciously selective in what rules and conventions he let bind him. Decent to people, everything else was 'fuck that fake bullshit'.

Extreme example, and IMO he was a little too tightly wrapped for his own good, but conventions and norms are meant to serve us, not the other way around.

Vonz90
Active Shooter

Postby Vonz90 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Greg wrote:.... but conventions and norms are meant to serve us, not the other way around.

Of course, but just because one cannot decipher what purpose a norm or convention serves, does not mean it does not serve one. This is the point of Chesterton's fence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._K._Che ... .27s_fence

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Vonz90 wrote:
Greg wrote:.... but conventions and norms are meant to serve us, not the other way around.

Of course, but just because one cannot decipher what purpose a norm or convention serves, does not mean it does not serve one. This is the point of Chesterton's fence.

I'm aware.

I also, as a free man, get to decide for myself if I understand something well enough to choose to do away with it.

You assume a great deal when your automatic standard reaction is, 'if he's choosing to do away with something, the only reason must be that he doesn't understand it'.

Vonz90
Active Shooter

Postby Vonz90 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:46 am

Greg wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:

I'm aware.

I also, as a free man, get to decide for myself if I understand something well enough to choose to do away with it.

You assume a great deal when your automatic standard reaction is, 'if he's choosing to do away with something, the only reason must be that he doesn't understand it'.

I said it as the general case (note that I did not say "you") and I meant it as the general case.

As a general case I support following norms and convenient unless there is a very positive negative case against them. Humility is a wonderful thing and admitting that one cannot always see the consequences of a given action is part of that.

One can do whatever one want. I support that. This does not imply that one should.

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:43 am

Vonz90 wrote:
Greg wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:

I'm aware.

I said it as the general case (note that I did not say "you") and I meant it as the general case.

As a general case I support following norms and convenient unless there is a very positive negative case against them. Humility is a wonderful thing and admitting that one cannot always see the consequences of a given action is part of that.

One can do whatever one want. I support that. This does not imply that one should.

Hmmm. No fun if you're going to be so sensible. I must apologise for misreading you, because I can't see anything wrong with this.

Though I will bend a convention if I see a definite positive in doing so, not necessarily a strong one. Matter of personal judgement. Of course I reserve the right to change my mind and follow said convention, in light of new data.

Return to “Politics, Law, and Justice”