Does the revolution begin in Oregon?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV
Trigger Junkie

Does the revolution begin in Oregon?

Postby D5CAV » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Oregon effectively repealed the 2nd Amendment.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07 ... an-helped/

If anyone, distant relative, police officer, etc. can deprive you of your rights, what right do you have?

I'm pretty sure my ex-wife would have pulled this on me during divorce if this law was in effect and I lived in Oregon.

Oregon is a blue state due to Portland, but most of Oregon is pretty red. Even those blue areas outside of Portland are mostly pot growers who elect democrats to legalize weed. These areas already have a healthy disregard to police intervention thanks to 50 years of drug prohibition.

These are the modern moonshiners. So they are going to stand by while po-po rolls up to confiscate their guns? Maybe the first few people "saved" by "Extreme Risk Protection Order" will stand by while po-po takes their guns and ammo. After that it will more dangerous.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Steamforger
On a list somewhere

Re: Does the revolution begin in Oregon?

Postby Steamforger » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:10 pm

The easiest, most obvious form of resistance would be to start calling in every politician, state official, protection details, political aides, and any police officers who actually enforce this mess as an "extreme risk."

Force the system to eat itself.

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Steamforger wrote:The easiest, most obvious form of resistance would be to start calling in every politician, state official, protection details, political aides, and any police officers who actually enforce this mess as an "extreme risk."

Exactly! If everyone is a criminal, who's going to enforce the laws?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

MiddleAgedKen
On a list somewhere

Postby MiddleAgedKen » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:10 pm

Steamforger wrote:The easiest, most obvious form of resistance would be to start calling in every politician, state official, protection details, political aides, and any police officers who actually enforce this mess as an "extreme risk."

That would finally get SWATting criminalized...when employed against the nomenklatura and apparatchiks. The Miracle of Selective Enforcement would leave it in effect against us mere kulaks and zeks.
Watergate didn't have a body count.

Jered
Good Christ I Need A Life

Postby Jered » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Gotta love how Dems use shady tricks to pass stuff so that you can, "find out what's in it."
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

skb12172

Postby skb12172 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Silly gooses, the Only Ones will exempt themselves.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.

evan price
Trigger Junkie

Postby evan price » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:28 pm

Will the revolution begin here?
No. Still not enough infringement.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!

Kommander
Active Shooter

Postby Kommander » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:03 am

evan price wrote:Will the revolution begin here?
No. Still not enough infringement.

I really don't see this surving a court challenge. That said there needs to be consequences for politicians who so blatantly disregard the Constitution. I would like to see a law created where if the court system decides a law is unconstitutional the legeslators who voted for it and the executive who signed it get removed and permanently bard from public office.

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:59 am

Kommander wrote:I really don't see this surving a court challenge. That said there needs to be consequences for politicians who so blatantly disregard the Constitution. I would like to see a law created where if the court system decides a law is unconstitutional the legeslators who voted for it and the executive who signed it get removed and permanently bard from public office.

I dunno. I'd want tar-and-feathers, or at least bastinado.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:11 am

First Shirt wrote:
Kommander wrote:I really don't see this surving a court challenge. That said there needs to be consequences for politicians who so blatantly disregard the Constitution. I would like to see a law created where if the court system decides a law is unconstitutional the legeslators who voted for it and the executive who signed it get removed and permanently bard from public office.

I dunno. I'd want tar-and-feathers, or at least bastinado.

Good thing we do not have a "like" button because I would have hit it hard enough to break the mouse.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

Jered

Postby Jered » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:53 am

Do you want a ranger and a paladin for public office, too?

:P

</pedant>
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

g-man
Trigger Junkie

Postby g-man » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Yeah, y'all have fun enforcing that one.

Except...

Scenario: I've pissed off a family member (ex, sibling, etc), and they sic the cops on my via this law. Signed ex-parte order in hand, the cops show up at my door. Because I'm law-abiding, I open the door to have a casual conversation with officer friendly. And instead of me telling him to get a warrant and come back... he already has the paperwork he needs. So unless I'm armed ALL THE TIME and prepared at that point to play quick-draw with a police officer in my doorway, my guns are likely now in state custody. So the 'first shot' will likely be the sound of the call-for-fire from the battery of lawyers I'd have to put together since I'd know this was going all the way to the Supremes.

Of course if they're stupid enough to pull this shit, guys #2-N might not be as keen on just letting their guns go, since the balloon would have already gone up.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

MarkD
Active Shooter

Postby MarkD » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Happened to a guy my wife used to work with, his brother went thru a messy divorce and his soon-to-be-ex-sister-in-law said she was afraid her husband might get a gun from his brother and shoot her, cops came and took EVERYTHING, even his bow and arrows. Cops told him "We're taking them, you'll have to go to court to get them back."

g-man
Trigger Junkie

Postby g-man » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:29 pm

MarkD wrote:Happened to a guy my wife used to work with, his brother went thru a messy divorce and his soon-to-be-ex-sister-in-law said she was afraid her husband might get a gun from his brother and shoot her, cops came and took EVERYTHING, even his bow and arrows. Cops told him "We're taking them, you'll have to go to court to get them back."

Let me make sure I'm unpacking that correctly:

Guy got guns confiscated. Not because of anything he did other than being siblings with someone who was going through a divorce? Come and take MY guns because my BROTHER'S soon to be EX says HE might get one from me?

F*ck that. Sideways, with a rusty chainsaw running on nitromethane.

Wow.

MarkD
Active Shooter

Postby MarkD » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:11 pm

g-man wrote:
MarkD wrote:Happened to a guy my wife used to work with, his brother went thru a messy divorce and his soon-to-be-ex-sister-in-law said she was afraid her husband might get a gun from his brother and shoot her, cops came and took EVERYTHING, even his bow and arrows. Cops told him "We're taking them, you'll have to go to court to get them back."

Guy got guns confiscated. Not because of anything he did other than being siblings with someone who was going through a divorce? Come and take MY guns because my BROTHER'S soon to be EX says HE might get one from me?

Wow.

Yes, that's exactly what happened.

Welcome to New Jersey.

scipioafricanus
Loose Cannon

Postby scipioafricanus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:24 pm

MarkD wrote:
g-man wrote:

Wow.

Welcome to New Jersey.

So depending on how much they all cost, how is that not felony theft?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka

skb12172

Postby skb12172 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:30 am

Have everything elsewhere, except for your immeduate carry items. Never answer the door for the police. They can leave a card and I will call them back.That's the way I've done it when being served divorce papers, etc.

Have backups for your carry items elsewhere. Two is one, one is none.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:47 am

skb12172 wrote:Have everything elsewhere, except for your immeduate carry items. Never answer the door for the police. They can leave a card and I will call them back.That's the way I've done it when being served divorce papers, etc.

That's not really a practical way to live. Like living in a bomb shelter, might be safer but day to day it really sucks compared to living the regular way.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

g-man
Trigger Junkie

Postby g-man » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:49 am

skb12172 wrote:Have everything elsewhere, except for your immeduate carry items. Never answer the door for the police. They can leave a card and I will call them back.That's the way I've done it when being served divorce papers, etc.

With the CA requirements for storage, not sure I could do this without renting storage space and locating a second residential storage container there. Or by 'elsewhere' do you just mean 'not in the safe'? Cause it's highly unlikely that the disgruntled soon to be EX in this situation had an inventory sheet...

Also, how does this work for my wife's guns which are co-located in my safe? Especially the heirloom stuff?

The sooner this gets struck down hard, the better. And if it doesn't, that's it boys, last one out lock up.

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:47 am

g-man wrote:With the CA requirements for storage, not sure I could do this without renting storage space and locating a second residential storage container there. Or by 'elsewhere' do you just mean 'not in the safe'? Cause it's highly unlikely that the disgruntled soon to be EX in this situation had an inventory sheet...

Just don't forget to oil your garden.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

MarkD
Active Shooter

Postby MarkD » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:33 am

scipioafricanus wrote:
MarkD wrote:
g-man wrote:

Wow.

Welcome to New Jersey.

So depending on how much they all cost, how is that not felony theft?

It's not theft when the government does it.

What, you think subjects, er, citizens of NJ have a right to own guns, or any property for that matter?

MarkD
Active Shooter

Postby MarkD » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Hence the need for registration of firearms, they know what you've got, they'll trash your entire house looking for it, and when they don't find it they'll do their best to figure out where it is (or jail you for refusing to tell them).

g-man
Trigger Junkie

Postby g-man » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:21 pm

MarkD wrote:

Hence the need for registration of firearms, they know what you've got, they'll trash your entire house looking for it, and when they don't find it they'll do their best to figure out where it is (or jail you for refusing to tell them).

Thankfully, since I'll still be active duty the entire time I'm living there, I don't fall under the definition of 'firearms importer', so I have to tell CA DoJ exactly zero. Were I to retire there and stay there, I'd then have to cough up the list. Fat chance any of that happens.

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:20 pm

g-man wrote:Were I to retire there and stay there, I'd then have to cough up the list. Fat chance any of that happens.

Plus, I'd be questioning your sanity. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

Return to “Politics, Law, and Justice”