Supreme Court declines to hear Peruta case

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
g-man

Supreme Court declines to hear Peruta case

Post by g-man »

Linky

Thomas and Gorsuch dissented the decision to not grant cert. What's the next case percolating up to get the rogue 9th circuit back under control on this topic? With the Peruta case dead, my chances of getting a CCW while stationed in CA just went to zero. Yay.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Vonz90

Re: Supreme Court declines to hear Peruta case

Post by Vonz90 »

g-man wrote:Linky

Thomas and Gorsuch dissented the decision to not grant cert. What's the next case percolating up to get the rogue 9th circuit back under control on this topic? With the Peruta case dead, my chances of getting a CCW while stationed in CA just went to zero. Yay.
What, you don't want to be the test case? Come on, take one for the team!
g-man

Post by g-man »

Yeah... I'm just happy that being active duty means I don't meet the criteria for being a 'firearm importer' under CA law, so I don't have to tell the CA DOJ jack or sh*t about what I'm bringing into the state, and my 'off list' handguns are okay, as long as I only have 10-round magazines for them. Which does mean I need to pick up some ten-rounders for the XDm, but that's doable.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Justice Kennedy can never be sufficiently damned for these kind of chicken shit games played with our rights...
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Congress needs to split the 9th Circus so that it can only fuck up Commiefornication.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.